K7 GSX-R 600 Power Modifications | GTAMotorcycle.com

K7 GSX-R 600 Power Modifications

Myt_Mike

Banned
Hi guys,

#1) I just picked up a K7 GSX-R 600 and a couple of my riding buddies suggested that I change the exhaust to a full headers back exhaust. They said it will give me 10-15 horsepower and will also make the "cagers" more aware of me on the roads. Not sure if I really need the extra power or not but I think if it will make the cagers more aware of me, then it's a win-win. Right?

They recommended a Yoshumura (sp?) exhaust. Is that a good brand? What are some of the best brands for exhausts? best place to buy? I don't mind buying from the USA if I can get a good deal.

#2) They also mentioned something about the sprockets but I was only half listening at this point. Something about being able to use more of the gears and you get better acceleration. Can anyone shed some more information on this?

Thanks for the input GTAMotorcycle.

Is this your first bike?

Go for it!

There is not much power to be gained by changing the exhaust system on modern bikes any more. The stock parts are well designed.

The best way to not have issues with car drivers is by riding attentively and properly, not by being noisy. "Loud pipes cost rights" - plenty of municipalities are putting noise laws into effect that specifically address motorcyclists because that is what residents complain about. Don't contribute to the problem.

If you insist on changing it, Yoshimura is a good name. So is Hindle ... and they're made locally (Port Perry). Any decent bike shop can order these for you. Buy locally ... support those who support us.

Shortening the final drive ratio (number of teeth on rear sprocket / number of teeth on front sprocket) will give quicker acceleration but limit your top speed because you will be running out of revs. If you are riding on the track, optimizing the final drive ratio is essential. If you are riding on the street, it's not. Your bike already has a final drive ratio that is meant to give a good balance between acceleration, top speed, noise and vibration, fuel consumption, etc.

You will not go too far wrong by leaving well enough alone.

8b09b9cca4f9f64c3bcfe35f83beedc7.gif

From what I've read you want a minimum of 60 tooth rear sprocket. Wicked acceleration and mad wheelies yo

1. Don't bother.
2. Don't bother.

Done.

If you get 5hp out of an exhaust replacement you will be doing well. When it comes louder exhaust saves lives, I truly believe that. Even when I am in my car, I can hear a bike with an aftermarket exhaust approaching, no so much the case with stock exhaust.

If you get 5hp out of an exhaust replacement you will be doing well. When it comes louder exhaust saves lives, I truly believe that. Even when I am in my car, I can hear a bike with an aftermarket exhaust approaching, no so much the case with stock exhaust.
Please don't feed the trolls.

Back
Top Bottom