Currently own a Motorcycle and a Car, Wondering if this is possible to do? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Currently own a Motorcycle and a Car, Wondering if this is possible to do?

dallasmcmahon

Good afternoon everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding insurance. I currently own a 2013 crf250L and recently got a 2010 mazda for co-op and winter jobs.

I absolutely hate driving cars especially because i'm an 18 year old male, who is paying 300 for car insurance a month. This is my second season with a motorcycle, and my insurance for my enduro is 800 a year. I was wondering if it is possible to put the car under fire/theft from say may-november, and just ride my motorcycle. Anyone know if i can put my only car under fire/theft say for 4-6 months? I know that people with winter beaters only have it under fire/theft on the summer, but do you need to have another vehicle for insurance to allow you to do that? I currently am on economical.

My logic is, I ride my motorcycle all summer long like i've done in the past without a car. Store my car for the summer on fire/theft ( dont need to spend $300 + gas a month to drive to work), then put the car back on full coverage in october november when i start coop again out of town?

What gets me is you can get insurance for $800 a year. My accident benefits are more. Who are you with?

If the two vehicles are on the same policy there might be a problem and your agent is the only one who can advise you.

If the vehicles are on separate policies I don't see the problem, just call you car rep and ask what the savings will be and decide if it's worth not having a 4 wheel vehicle available.

You sure can, just keep in mind your car is not insured to be driven at any time, if there is a rainy day and you want to drive your car, there is no insurance.

Back
Top Bottom