classic car insurance | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

classic car insurance

You've been really letting fly with the quips lately. Everything OK?

I've noticed this too. But figured I am too new to comment. Very entertaining.
Goals are good. I don't have any. Neither do the Leafs.

I've noticed this too. But figured I am too new to comment. Very entertaining.
Goals are good. I don't have any. Neither do the Leafs.

Do you have a lucid classic car insurance question or comment? No? Then move along.

(you know I'm just kidding, right?)

Do you have a lucid classic car insurance question or comment? No? Then move along.

(you know I'm just kidding, right?)

Well then..... My FIL passed away about 3 years back. Had an all original 1987 Pontiac Grand Prix. Wife's family still has it, not sure if they are ready to sell. I said I will take it. Growing up, I really wanted a car like that. If it ever becomes mine, I think regular insurance is the way to go...like Sonny said, I wanna drive my cars.

Well then..... My FIL passed away about 3 years back. Had an all original 1987 Pontiac Grand Prix. Wife's family still has it, not sure if they are ready to sell. I said I will take it. Growing up, I really wanted a car like that. If it ever becomes mine, I think regular insurance is the way to go...like Sonny said, I wanna drive my cars.

Is that car even a classic? 2.8fi engine right?

Is that car even a classic? 2.8fi engine right?

87 was the last year of the A-body GPs, rear drive base was likely a buick 3.8 six with the Chev 305 as the top of the line, might have also been a 4.3 chev v6 in the mix.

Typical 80s performance, still a cool car if you are into it. Lots of aftermarket performance options...

Hey, the Buick GNs were on the same platform!

88 would have been the switch to the front drive platform you are thinking of.

87 was the last year of the A-body GPs, rear drive base was likely a buick 3.8 six with the Chev 305 as the top of the line, might have also been a 4.3 chev v6 in the mix.

Typical 80s performance, still a cool car if you are into it. Lots of aftermarket performance options...

Had an 87 blazer with a 2.8, friend had a Buick with the same engine.

Exactly. Chevy small block 305, iirc.
All the cool kids had them. Crager (?) SS wheels, or centerlines. *sighs and wishes he was 16 again*

Had an 85 blazer with the 2.8. Lowered 4" front, 6" rear. I could push my kid in his stroller faster than that thing would go. 4.3, now that was an engine.

I was a little off, the original A-Body was renamed the G-Body around 82 when the A-Platform came out. The 87 Grand Prix would technically be a rear drive G-Body (which is a renamed A-Body...).

The 2.8 came out around 2000 and was used in many GM vehicles both front (almost all) and rear drive (Blazer, Camaro, Fiero), not in any G-Body cars that I am aware of.

87 was the last year for the G-Body Grand Prix (Buick 3.8 v6 and Chev 305 V8 and maybe Chev 4.3 V6--90 degree V6). In 88 the Grand Prix switched to the W-Platform which was the front drive version (complete reboot) that would have had the 2.8 (or other Chev 60 degree V6) in it.

Also the year they ruined the Grand Prix, imho ^^^ 88+
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Also the year they ruined the Grand Prix, imho ^^^ 88+
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

They were pretty bad but the GTP with the 3.4 DOHC and a manual transmission was one small blip of compelling on the first run on the w-platform. Not sure the year, maybe early 90s. Other than that, I agree!

if you were 16 you probably wouldn't be able to afford the insurance... that stuff is a wallet killer.

Insurance wasn't always as stupid as it is now. In 1992 I bought my first car, a 1977 cutlass supreme with a 350cu " penned the '350 rocket'. That was the most comfortable car I've ever driven - just as comfortable as my dad's old Cadillac brougham - not a bump in the road could be felt.

My insurance was cheap at $300/year, it was the gasoline that 4-barrel carb sucked back that made me broke.

Insurance wasn't always as stupid as it is now. In 1992 I bought my first car, a 1977 cutlass supreme with a 350cu " penned the '350 rocket'. That was the most comfortable car I've ever driven - just as comfortable as my dad's old Cadillac brougham - not a bump in the road could be felt.

My insurance was cheap at $300/year, it was the gasoline that 4-barrel carb sucked back that made me broke.
yes but he want's to be 16 now.

Back
Top Bottom