classic car insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

classic car insurance

What is the youngest a vehicle can be to able to be considered under Silver Wheels?

30 years

"Silver Wheels" is an agreed price policy.
If you tell them your '31 five window coupe is worth $1000, you get a cheap policy, but when you write it off you get $1000.
I have a '84 Olds that is worth no more than $5000... but it would cost a lot more than that to put it back together after a prang.

30 years

"Silver Wheels" is an agreed price policy.
If you tell them your '31 five window coupe is worth $1000, you get a cheap policy, but when you write it off you get $1000.
I have a '84 Olds that is worth no more than $5000... but it would cost a lot more than that to put it back together after a prang.

So will they write a $10,000 policy on your car?

Hagerty will insure all kinds of cool cars, not just classics. If its sporty or in any way custom, or limited production, they'll give you insurance. The underlying point is that the vehicle is for recreational use.

Silver wheels
three Categories: Antique & Classic for automobiles 25 years and older, Special Interest for automobiles 15 to 24 years old and Modified/Street Rod automobiles 15 years and older.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So will they write a $10,000 policy on your car?

They will write a policy for whatever the car is appraised for. Used Avia via Lant for my VW. Fell into the special interest group.

They will make an estimate of what your car is worth and you can either agree or disagree with this estimate. I was happy with mine, considering I paid $2,500 for the car and so far put in maybe $1,000 and 50h of work into it. They estimated the worth at $8,000.

What is the car, if you please?

Do try to keep up old chap, we don't have the bandwidth to restate details for the benefit of the senile.

Sorry for the spot of bother. Will do forensic analysis of thread post haste.

Well, to be truthful, I didn't list the model. It's a Corvair Monza 110, 2dr, Hardtop.
So not the most expensive classic of course which is why I was surprised they valued it so high.

Sadly, I may be getting rid of it because I have zero space left in my garage due to the purchase of my KLR. That pig is almost as big as the Corvair. I thought by now I would be in a new house with a larger garage but alas, it ain't so.

I can only wish I had a shed... I need a smaller house and a larger property.
3 bedroom townhouse and I don't even know what's in the 2 bedrooms I don't use.
I guess that's an idea for KLR storage. I would be ripped too from dragging 450lbs up a million stairs. Ripped or in a hospital.

I can only wish I had a shed... I need a smaller house and a larger property.
3 bedroom townhouse and I don't even know what's in the 2 bedrooms I don't use.
I guess that's an idea for KLR storage. I would be ripped too from dragging 450lbs up a million stairs. Ripped or in a hospital.
it's a klr, ride it up the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom