Statefarm buyout policy renewals from Desjardins or Certa's ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Statefarm buyout policy renewals from Desjardins or Certa's ?

Garage_Guy_Chris

Hey guys i know Statefarm is one of the more popular insurers. They have sent out letters about the change in ownership and that Desjardins or Certa's will be taking over the policies but Im wondering if anyone has actually gotten renewals from either and what change have you had in your premiums?

Im somewhat concerned because they have to honor and transfer statefarm policies but can do what ever they want with peoples premiums..

Mine went up by about $60 a year. I don't know if that's because of annual increases or because of the buyout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got renewals from Certas, and it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

Its good to hear things arent changing too much, Im riding vintage, 71 Honda CB450 cafe. My renewal is early May so i will probably get the renewal paperwork mid March to start of April

I guess its looking hopeful. I ride a zx6r with renewal scheduled for next month with statefarm (certas)

update: spoke with my rep at statefarm and it appears my rates havent changed at all. Renewal is April and documents should be on the way shortly. $140 per month. 28. 2011 zx6r. no tickets/ claims L4P postal code. It may be higher than some but its the cheapest for me based on age and motorcycle. Ill give allstate a try once i hit 30

Last edited:
Its good to hear things arent changing too much, Im riding vintage, 71 Honda CB450 cafe. My renewal is early May so i will probably get the renewal paperwork mid March to start of April

My premium for my 74 cb550 doubled from $458/year to $998/year all in. No tickets no altercation with the law.

Curious to know who youre with and how much you pay

I contacted my insurer and all they told me was bike insurance has gone up.

mine did not change. i did buy a new bike for this year so i was scared as well. but last fall, before any of the changes, i had inquired about changing from the 250 to a 600. the quote from last year to what i got when i changed just a few days ago, was the exact same amount.

maybe because we are existing insurers that they won't change?

mine did not change. i did buy a new bike for this year so i was scared as well. but last fall, before any of the changes, i had inquired about changing from the 250 to a 600. the quote from last year to what i got when i changed just a few days ago, was the exact same amount.

maybe because we are existing insurers that they won't change?

Any new rates from SF will be the same until April. That's when changes, if any will be effective, afaik. But I don't see Certas changing the SF formula much, as SS seem to be a large portion of their 2 wheel policies.

Jimsum, that quote is ridiculous. Call SF and others. DM me if you want my agent.

Im with Statefarm and have been for the last 7 years... My rates have slowly creeped up through the years from about $115 to 130 per month ($1380 to 1560 per year). I ride a k7 GSXR 600 and only have the bike insured with them.

Is Statefarm still one of the better companies to insure an SS? Or can someone suggest a better ie. cheaper alternative?

What other companies insure SS?

2008 GSXR750

One at fault from 2011, zero tickets, 28 now. Markham area.

Renewals are in December
2012 - $1780.58
2013 - $1892.98
2014 - $1990.88

I have no clue why the 2012 jump is higher than this year's jump (the buyout happened mid last season and finalized right before my renewal).

I went from 2059 with SF switching to 1607 with TD, same coverages, m2, 34 years old, no tickets/accidents....have home insurance with them and York U group alumi discount...was quoted over $4k last year

My insurance went up $117.49 from last year from State Farm to Certas. Same coverage, and motorcycle.

I just got renewals from Certas, and it doesn't seem to have made much difference.

I ended up paying a visit to Dalton Timmis today. New situation is 1 more bike for $90 less per month than State Farm ... SF's rates for my car and van were high and I had had enough.

2013 Duc 848:-$2350/year(First year of riding/insurance on a motorcycle)
Got the renewal . stayed same.
moved to Allstate:-$1400/year

I just got insurance on April 1st with my old SF agent that I had used 4 yrs ago for my bike insurance.
It was written as a Certas policy. Rate was the same price I got quoted last summer for the same year and model bike I just bought this year.

Back
Top Bottom