Advise about race classes/lessons | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advise about race classes/lessons

water wetter is to mix with distilled water in place of coolant. Mix it with coolant and it doesn't hurt bike. The point is to remove coolant from the bike, so that if you go down on the track the slippery coolant doesn't mess it up for everyone else.

I understand the point. Mostly asking because the previous owner of my bike gave me half a bottle of water wetter with the bike and then when I noticed the coolant was low a few months later I used regular coolant and never thought about how that might mix until now, heh. I've read of some different types of coolants that will gel if mixed with normal coolant.

You're probably better off flushing the coolant and replacing with new anyways. I always change all fluids when getting a new to me bike unless I'm sure of their state.

You can also buy insurance at FAST just incase somthing were to happen. I believe a portion is refundable if you don't do any damage and it only covers to a certain amount of damage.

Buddy of mine wrote off a brand new R6 on Nelson with FAST a few years back. $250 for the additional insurance and left with a broken ankle.

Beginning of May, brand new bike that year. Extra insurance covered it all.

I'm signed up for 3-days Racer5 for end of May. The way I see it is track days are expensive and time consuming already. The amount of track days on my own to improve at the level I would get with 3 full days of instruction makes up for the cost.

Back
Top Bottom