What was the the biggest waste of money you ever spent on your bike? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What was the the biggest waste of money you ever spent on your bike?

Nice thing about my 2 old naked bikes is that you can reach down and warm your gloved hand on the motor.

Lol ya the first boom was an extra downshift. That was the straw that broke the crank bearing. Live and learn, a used SBK motor needs to be rebuilt unless there's recipts showing it's age.
I did the same, accidental double down turn 1 bogie. Slipper saved me and my motor. Got everones attention. One hell of a howling skid. Have to get lucky sometimes. :)

油井緋色;2274349 said:
Nothing.

Not even the gold Rs that cost me nearly $200 after tax lol

What's a gold R? Is that some brand of Sybian machine?

Borrowing $ and paying what equates to a 5 yr mortgage payment every month for a work van. Nobody ever paid me more $ per sqft to install their flooring because I had a newer van.....
Before that, I drove $2500 work vans-some even lasted more than 5 yrs.
I will never borrow $ to buy a car/truck again. SOmeone else can take the big depreciation hit, and I will buy it used & pay 10% of the MSRP, and get more yrs out of it than the orig buyer.

Yes lol

pcfmlI2.jpg

They're really pretty :agave: just a little pricey

wrecked the 300 ...rebuilding it now..here's the list of things I've had to do...do the math and see how much $ I've sunk in this one:

1. head light assembly
2. Inner fairing cowl,
3. bird cage
4. tail light cluster
5. left side handlebar
6. clutch safety switch and lever

Things still needed:

1. Fairings...I MEAN ALL FAIRINGS!
2. speedo meter
3. brake flush
4. fork seals/ overhaul

Tell this to everybody on Kijiji selling a used bike.

No need, time wasted with a high price and no sale will do that.

油井緋色;2274542 said:
Yes lol

pcfmlI2.jpg

They're really pretty :agave: just a little pricey

Doesn't that say "RGSX"? You should get your money back.

So far, a passenger seat. Was gonna take my 11 year old around. My wife put a stop to that real quick.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

So far, a passenger seat. Was gonna take my 11 year old around. My wife put a stop to that real quick.

That's a shame, most of my fondest memories stem from my dad and I sneaking out early in the morning. We either went for a day of riding on his 1980 xs650, or a day exploring on his 1976 dt400. Great times, my kids love going riding with mom and I. The four of us have been to Eugenia Falls, High Falls, Balls Falls, Elora Gorge, toured the Algonquin Highlands for 3 days, etc. etc. Most of those trips were done in the last 3 years, the kids are now 8&9. All of those were done with the wife and daughter on a 1996 ninja 250. We have 5 point safety harnesses that attach the brats to us :) My kids love the bikes as much as the boat. I'm very lucky that the wife loves to ride. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman, that's awesome. You are very lucky, and I am jealous. Could you send me a link to this harness? My younger son loves the bike, and that may be an option when he is a little bigger.

Oh yeah, 2 different windshields that I have yet to mount. They were dirt cheap, but still a waste if not using them.

Insurance.

40 years worth and I have yet to get anything back from that investment. Maybe one day I'll get lucky though.

Insurance.

40 years worth and I have yet to get anything back from that investment. Maybe one day I'll get lucky though.

I had a total loss theft on a new bike 5 days after switching to Zurich years ago. They were almost as upset as I.

Each to their own. The ex can be a pain in many ways but, doesn't restrict if our kids can ride with me.

They have proper gear now. Gloves, jacket, footwear and helmet.

163884_10150115212481346_31148_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom