What was the the biggest waste of money you ever spent on your bike? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What was the the biggest waste of money you ever spent on your bike?

i bought a Akra slip on, and now to make it a full system i either haveto sell it or buy arrow headers that cost almost a grand in canada..
if i had stock exhaust right now ide buy a full yosh...but i dont so i ordered the titanium arrow headers.

Sell the Akra slip on and buy the full Akra system. The slip on will sell easily since Akra's are pretty rare/high end.

Sell the Akra slip on and buy the full Akra system. The slip on will sell easily since Akra's are pretty rare/high end.
the slip on is abut 850 new. ive been getting $400 offers.
full yosh is about 850 to a grand.
the new headers is going to be 950 canadian from dealers here or 500 USD 35 shipping. 20% loss in currency so about $600 and it should get passed the border no taxes the way its set up.
either way im dishing out about a extra 5-600 bucks.
ide rather a full yosh for the money if i didnt have anything but since ihave the Akra its better to just upgrade the headers.
Arrow headers are way better than yosh, almost on par with Akra. so its almost like having a system that is identical to akra, and full titanium headers mid pipe and can.

trust me, ive been pondering over this since last season. but now ill be able to get the bike tuned properly, re-geared and put down some good numbers.
i have the Z-AFM for my Bazzaz, which im going to test and make a few maps but im also going to let riders make me a dyno map.

Two brand new Shoei's grounded down at Mosport and Grand Bend.

I now wear Bell's at the track , i seem to crash less when not wearing Shoei's.

Mostly gear I either decided later I don't like or just don't have a lot of use for.

Actually, my first bike was a 650 rather than something like a 250 because I thought my gf would go for rides with me. She didn't and still won't. Paid tons in extra insurance because of that.

Also, I paid a shop in Toronto to do a tune up on my bike and it came back in worse shape then when I brought it in and the tune up didn't help with the problem I was hoping would be fixed.

Biggest waste of money on the bike would be the one psycho chick I had on the passenger seat for a year ;)

Last edited:
I'd guess that any money spent on a smaller displacement beginner bike that will be kept for only a couple of seasons, is money wasted.

I'd guess that any money spent on a smaller displacement beginner bike that will be kept for only a couple of seasons, is money wasted.
Only if you do it wrong. Most of them can be sold for almost what you bought them for.

Only if you do it wrong. Most of them can be sold for almost what you bought them for.

Including the mods/farckels?

That's why I would never mod a starter bike knowing it wouldn't be staying. Seeing piped 250's with powder coated wheels and stuff makes me giggle. Especially when all you hear is the owner go on about next season and a bigger bike.

Taxes, sold a Honda to pay for the taxes on a BMW, sold the BMW to pay the taxes on an Ape.

No. You're not very smart if you waste that on a bike you're not going to keep. You never get your money back on mods.

heated gear. i thought i would have used it more to extend my riding season, but for me, it only added a couple of weekends each season. If I had to do it over, I would not have bought it. Live and learn.

heated gear. i thought i would have used it more to extend my riding season, but for me, it only added a couple of weekends each season. If I had to do it over, I would not have bought it. Live and learn.
Heated gear is probably one of the best investments I made for street riding. Even when is nice out during the day, most likely the morning and late evening is freaking cold and heated gear will make it really comfortable to ride, cold means you are not focused on your riding and also gets you tired faster.

That's why I only bought heated gloves. I've ridden at -10C without anything heated and was fine except my hands. If I need more heated gear than that it's too cold to be riding, anyway.

I once had a Harley, so everything after its purchase. Looked great bla bla bla, but 1. you don't get any of that money back, and 2. doesn't help when selling the bike ... no accounting for taste

Nothing.

Not even the gold Rs that cost me nearly $200 after tax lol

Back
Top Bottom