What back protectors are you guys using? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What back protectors are you guys using?

Thanks guys, have to admit the Sub 4 had caught my attention from studies stating the Kn that vertebrae can take before fracture in a direct impact.
Pricing seems to be $180- $200US on EBay.
Smudger

Call Bluestreak

Im not a fan of anything Icon after seeing how well their products hold up in crashes

I've sold a ton of Forcefield across Canada. Great product but what a messed up company. every 2 years they change the North American supplier. Finally got tired of it and dropped it. I don't know of anybody that stocks it locally any more.
Try these guys,, http://www.johnsonleather.com/
Good people and will help if they can. Have done business with them many times.

eee i just bought one, not good?
The chest protector piece is not made out of certified material. It seems from reviews that Icon compromises protection for comfort, which is ok for street (both my street jackets are icon). Better than nothing but not as good protection as even the low end back protectors from other brands.

Here we go on the armour thing again.
Here is the Sub 4's biggest asset.
Sub 4
The Pro Sub4 is the highest performing back protector available.
The Official CE tests show a true CE reading of 3.38kN, making this unique in the
marketplace.
Forcefield developed the Sub 4 just beat it's L2. Again, you can not prevent hyper-extension of your back with a 4 inch elastic waist strap and some shoulder straps. So impact absorption is your best bet
Most people assume that hard plastic is better. The evolution of armour is well past the hard plastic stage. You are now into varying grads of harder foams that absorb the impact.
Having crashed 3 times over 230 Kph,, I can definitively state that the first hit is usually a big hard thump. So you need something that will absorb that thud. Plastic will prevent road rash but will also transfer the impact through itself.
Any high end suit will not have plastic for amour,, if it does,, look at aftermarket armour to replace it with. Fixing suits at the track and working with the Canadian Rider Safety Fund ,, trust me, I see what does not work.

Im not a fan of anything Icon after seeing how well their products hold up in crashes

Oh, now that sucks cos I just ordered the Icon Overlord boots from Canada's Motorcycle, all the reviews seemed to be pretty good to me - anyone any experience with these boots?
Apologies for changing the thread topic slightly.
Smudger

For the brand specific folks who say cheaper stuff doesn't hold up... I went down at speed. Joe rocket textile jacket. Foam back protector. Not a scratch on me and I slid quite a ways on my back.

efdabe498eef434bf803764291aa9e12.jpg

That said if you're buying higher dollar stuff listen to Mr Bickle. it's like anything else. You get what you pay for.

Oh yeah of course. I wasn't disputing that. Sucks too because I loved that jacket for comfort. Absolutely though leather all day. Your perspective changes after a crash.

Dainese, yours for only $60, only used 3 times total at track days. Never been down. Includes carrying case. PM is best....

hvDkh0Q.jpg

I appreciate this thread, as I'm looking for some protection as well.

The only experience I have is with the Icon Stryker Vest; which was returned before its first use. My problem was the sizing; it only comes in three sizes S-M, M-L, XL-XXL. I've got a thin/athletic build (6' 155lbs) and the smallest size was too large for me, even when fastened as tightly as possible.

GP Bikes has a decent selection of Dainese back protectors, take your riding jacket with you and see what fits best.

Back
Top Bottom