What back protectors are you guys using? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What back protectors are you guys using?

smudger

I'm in the market for a back protector, never had one before & I have Alpinestars CR 1 piece leathers
Just wondering what everyone is using on here & what they would stay away from
Smudger

Knox or ForceField depending on how fat I am that day. ;-)

Knox or ForceField depending on how fat I am that day. ;-)
Good point, something to think about is size or how much room you have left inside your race suit

Consider a chest protector while your looking. IMO they're just as important as a back protector.

Try them on in the store with your gear on. Make sure the protector fits well underneath the suit and there aren't any sharp edges digging into you and you have good mobility. Don't worry about the leathers being too tight with the protector in place, it'll stretch (the suit, not the back protector).

Last edited:
It seems to me that my leathers never stretch as easily as my waist does. ;)

I use a Dainese, but I read a very comprehensive review some years ago that rated Forcefield and other soft back protectors much higher than the Dainese. I think there's a thread on here about it.

The suit won't stretch unless you are able to close it

I'm going to wear my suit in the shower with all my protection on followed by a BICKLE rub down/condition. Just the suit, and not while I'm wearing it.

Maybe I'll be able to breathe and bend my knees properly this season.

Last edited:
bdf846f91375d5fa5501b15b8a20f896.jpg

Just got this so I can't say how it feels to ride with yet. Fits great under my suit and jacket so I hope it stays that comfortable.

I got the teknic one when they were being blown out. Havent wore it under a suit but it fits well over a sweater.

If you follow the Cambridge University Independant test. The Forcefield Sub 4 is the best back protector on the Market. The next is the Forcefield L2.
The Sub 4 is the only back protector to absorb the greatest impact of all the back protectors tested. Which is a lot.
Keep in mind, some back protectors are only able to absorb one impact. Also you can't prevent hyperextension with a back protector design we currently see. So impact absorbtion is Cambridge University's basis for the test. Meaning hard plastic won't absorb much. So the best value is a multi hit product with as much impact absorbtion as you can get.
L2 test
The Forcefield back achieves and surpasses level 2,the highest pass possible against the latest European draft standard ref: prEN1621 - 2 `which is officially known as "Motorcyclists Protective Clothing against mechanical impacts - Part 2" i.e. Motorcyclists Back.
SATRA Technology Centre in the UK has stringently tested the Forcefield Back. CE documentation and performance tests are fully approved and supported by SATRA. All production is continually monitored both in the UK and Asia. By our working closely with `SATRA Technology Centre` and the `Protective Clothing Research Facility` at Cambridge University gives the consumer assurance that Forcefield down to its finest detail conforms to the latest CE requirements.The latest testing by SATRA of the Forcefield back protector transmitted only 4.93Kn to the body. (The maximum transmission allowed for level 2 is 9Kn). This is the ultimate in protection and comfort.

Sub 4
The Pro Sub4 is the highest performing back protector available.
The Official CE tests show a true CE reading of 3.38kN, making this unique in the
marketplace.
A back protector with all day comfort, repeat performance and impact protection that is truly
market leading. A world First.
Over the 7 impacts incurred during the CE test, not one impact was above the 4kN mark.
Showing safety and consistency across the entire product.
4kn is considered by medical experts to be the maximum amount of transmitted energy that
should be subjected to a human to prevent severe back and rib trauma.

I wear an alpinestars huge protector under my street suit and an L2 under my track suit. Can't go wrong with forcefield, a little pricey, but thin and fits under just about any suit.

just got the Dainese Manis. Obviously, I haven't had the opportunity to ride with it but it seems to do what is advertised.

If you follow the Cambridge University Independant test. The Forcefield Sub 4 is the best back protector on the Market. The next is the Forcefield L2.
The Sub 4 is the only back protector to absorb the greatest impact of all the back protectors tested. Which is a lot.
Keep in mind, some back protectors are only able to absorb one impact. Also you can't prevent hyperextension with a back protector design we currently see. So impact absorbtion is Cambridge University's basis for the test. Meaning hard plastic won't absorb much. So the best value is a multi hit product with as much impact absorbtion as you can get.
L2 test
The Forcefield back achieves and surpasses level 2,the highest pass possible against the latest European draft standard ref: prEN1621 - 2 `which is officially known as "Motorcyclists Protective Clothing against mechanical impacts - Part 2" i.e. Motorcyclists Back.
SATRA Technology Centre in the UK has stringently tested the Forcefield Back. CE documentation and performance tests are fully approved and supported by SATRA. All production is continually monitored both in the UK and Asia. By our working closely with `SATRA Technology Centre` and the `Protective Clothing Research Facility` at Cambridge University gives the consumer assurance that Forcefield down to its finest detail conforms to the latest CE requirements.The latest testing by SATRA of the Forcefield back protector transmitted only 4.93Kn to the body. (The maximum transmission allowed for level 2 is 9Kn). This is the ultimate in protection and comfort.

Sub 4
The Pro Sub4 is the highest performing back protector available.
The Official CE tests show a true CE reading of 3.38kN, making this unique in the
marketplace.
A back protector with all day comfort, repeat performance and impact protection that is truly
market leading. A world First.
Over the 7 impacts incurred during the CE test, not one impact was above the 4kN mark.
Showing safety and consistency across the entire product.
4kn is considered by medical experts to be the maximum amount of transmitted energy that
should be subjected to a human to prevent severe back and rib trauma.

Who sells the Pro Sub 4 here?

Thanks guys, have to admit the Sub 4 had caught my attention from studies stating the Kn that vertebrae can take before fracture in a direct impact.
Pricing seems to be $180- $200US on EBay.
Smudger

Thanks guys, have to admit the Sub 4 had caught my attention from studies stating the Kn that vertebrae can take before fracture in a direct impact.
Pricing seems to be $180- $200US on EBay.
Smudger
Why not buy local? with exchange rates and delivery you are probably better off (if someone sells it)

Back
Top Bottom