What back protectors are you guys using? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What back protectors are you guys using?

http://www.impactarmor.com/

Custom fit for you, front and back. That is all.
Ya, have had mine and 3 others on order for 4 years. Ordered 4 back protectors and 4 chest protectors paid,paid for shipping,,I know they are custom but when do you think I should get mine? I probably should have lied about my age,,and defiantly not paid him!

Anyone able to comment on how the Forcefield Sub 4 or L2K fits? Can't try it on local so would have to ship it. Don't want end up with a protector that doesn't let me zip up my suit.

Anyone able to comment on how the Forcefield Sub 4 or L2K fits? Can't try it on local so would have to ship it. Don't want end up with a protector that doesn't let me zip up my suit.

They fit snug. But if you are using your current suit and it fits well with a flatter style back protector then consider the sub 4 is much thicker in the middle, top to bottom area along the spine.
So you may find the Sub 4 tighter. The L2 is not much thicker then most. It does fit better as it gets heated up.
Also unless you are over 6 foot a medium is fine. If you fit a back protector too tall in length it will pop through your collar and hit the back/bottom of your helmet. Very annoying and possible dangerous. So ensure you check the sizing chart and when in doubt go smaller.

My RS Taichi is already close to race fit so not sure it has room for a thicker protector. Bluestreak only has Large left for Sub 4 so I might end up with the L2K. I'm 5'7 160lbs so I'm thinking the Small may work the best. Thanks for the thoughts.

My RS Taichi is already close to race fit so not sure it has room for a thicker protector. Bluestreak only has Large left for Sub 4 so I might end up with the L2K. I'm 5'7 160lbs so I'm thinking the Small may work the best. Thanks for the thoughts.
Do not get the large! I think it is for people over 6 foot or 6'2,,
Check this chart http://www.johnsonleather.com/Forcefield Size Chart_Armour.pdf
Also I would say you would need about 2 inches of room down the middle of your spine for the Sub 4

I'm using a UFO with shoulder straps, flexible spine and fits nice under my one piece(I need no restrictions) lol. Wasn't expensive and was unsure because I don't cheap out on gear but was directed in this direction from someone I trust and held up well from a high speed tumble threw the bails at mosport......only my 2 cents.

Has anyone ever had a "glad I bought this back protector moment?"
I had a low speed spill years ago and I landed on a curb with my lower back. Huge hematoma. I wished I was wearing back protection.

don't have regrets like the guys post before this one,

still available.....

Dainese, yours for only $60, only used 3 times total at track days. Never been down. Includes carrying case. PM is best....

hvDkh0Q.jpg

I have had many of those moments - specially the time I flew over the handle bars during practice back-flipping and landing on my back (i was told), I walked away with just a broken helmet.
Has anyone ever had a "glad I bought this back protector moment?"
I had a low speed spill years ago and I landed on a curb with my lower back. Huge hematoma. I wished I was wearing back protection.

Are the Dainese BP's good for a one time use? I took the honeycomb material out of mine to inspect it and found this:

21264185128_91fc3c5460_z.jpg

I'm using the Forcefield Pro L2K EVO Back Protector when I'm out riding like an ass. Stupid comfortable and CE level 2...
My Klim touring gear has the D30 inserts all around, I think they are only level CE 1

Last edited:
Are the Dainese BP's good for a one time use? I took the honeycomb material out of mine to inspect it and found this:

Yes, there are several makes, not just this one,, that are one time use only. So if the honeycomb was damaged it would be not capable of the same protection again.
The ones that have the harder rubber honeycomb are reusable as the rubber retains it's shape.
Now that looks like aluminum honeycomb,I may be wrong ,the edges look beat up but the larger mass area looks okay.

That's the way the edges normally look, when it's cut the aluminum honeycomb isn't "finished", probably to not affect its crumple performance. The main body of the honeycomb looks fine to me, if it was done then there would be dents showing where it was crushed from an impact.

I didn't know the honeycomb was removable..? The ones I've seen you'd have to destroy the protector to get it to that point... not like Dainese is selling the honeycomb separately from their back protectors.

On another note, I think it would be a very good idea to get the BP with the scapula protectors. I had a lowside into 4A a few years back and the friction heat through the leathers in that same area melted my PUG right into my shoulder.

I've sent an email to Dainese and attached the photo, I'll post their reply when I hear back.

Knox. But is anyone really going to be like "i used an xxx back protector and now I'm paralyzed"

Wear what's comfortable. Same ****

Dear Mina,

Thank you for contacting us.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to understand if the back protector is still safe or not from a picture.
The best solution is to send it to us through one dealer for an inspection.

At your disposal for further support,
Best regards

I guess they didn't want to say anything either.

Back
Top Bottom