• Sikhism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Judaism

• Other religion

• Non religious - spiritual (theist, believe in a deity or deities)

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Non religious - agnostic (uncertain if god exists)

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Non religious - atheist

Votes: 32 39.5%

• Total voters
I voted spiritual. I was born as a Catholic but I don't really like associating with any sort of religion. I just don't like the "institutionalized" aspect of it. Some people do, some people like the community involved in it and that is fine. I don't because it's very bureaucratic and politicized but that can be debated. I still take the bible as a book which has many good stories of morality but I read it in my own way, and I interpret the stories differently than others.

Realistically it's hard for me to firmly stand with one belief because I like to be open minded to the different views. One day I can sympathize with a Buddhist philosophy, the next day I can sympathize more with a agnostic perspective. I wouldn't necessarily call me a buddhist or an agnostic, though.

So spiritual, for me, is that in between.

I'd call myself a Buddhist agnostic with spiritual tendencies.

This poll likely represents a good cross section of Canada. I know that some people claim Christianity or another religion, but when I visit the church where my kids were baptised, it is largely empty with the people attending being mostly old. I think that this is the reason that Canada has worked so well until now and hopefully will continue to do so. Because it maintains the separation of church and state. Indeed the biggest threat to our country today is a religious group that also wants to be the government. So if atheist or agnostic is what I'm branded as, I'll counter with "transparency".

This poll likely represents a good cross section of Canada. I know that some people claim Christianity or another religion, but when I visit the church where my kids were baptised, it is largely empty with the people attending being mostly old. I think that this is the reason that Canada has worked so well until now and hopefully will continue to do so. Because it maintains the separation of church and state. Indeed the biggest threat to our country today is a religious group that also wants to be the government. So if atheist or agnostic is what I'm branded as, I'll counter with "transparency".

Big time +1

Show me any country that you would want to live in that isn't a secular state.

I don't trust christians. They have no qualms about breaking their tenets, seeing as they can ask and be forgiven at the end of the week.

From the FSM FB page:

"So interesting story. Woman come in to my job today to get some new appliances. She's been in plenty for stuff for the church where her husband is the pastor. Now normally I remember money is more important than opening my mouth but she said something to me that really struck a nerve... "God was good to us and blessed us with a new house thanks to the church we oversee. And we'll be using the church's tax number for these." Before I could stop myself I heard, "Wait so you're telling me god is so good he let a few hundred people die of starvation n lack of housing but he allowed your attending members buy you a new house? You didn't buy him a new house to worship him instead so maybe he'd perform a real miracle?!" Needless to say she didn't buy a thing from me."

I don't trust christians. They have no qualms about breaking their tenets, seeing as they can ask and be forgiven at the end of the week.

From the FSM FB page:

"So interesting story. Woman come in to my job today to get some new appliances. She's been in plenty for stuff for the church where her husband is the pastor. Now normally I remember money is more important than opening my mouth but she said something to me that really struck a nerve... "God was good to us and blessed us with a new house thanks to the church we oversee. And we'll be using the church's tax number for these." Before I could stop myself I heard, "Wait so you're telling me god is so good he let a few hundred people die of starvation n lack of housing but he allowed your attending members buy you a new house? You didn't buy him a new house to worship him instead so maybe he'd perform a real miracle?!" Needless to say she didn't buy a thing from me."

Agree. Religious institutions have really twisted up whatever the true word of god was.

get this: there is a Christian ministry centered around the prosperity gospel, which preaches that God wants to bless the faithful with earthly riches.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom