10 other ways to get a street racing or stunt driving ticket | GTAMotorcycle.com

10 other ways to get a street racing or stunt driving ticket

Bradsma

Happen to come across this little poster this morning. Some of these seem a little far stretched for the severity of a stunt driving ticket and all that goes with it. Feel free to discuss.
Street-Racing.jpg

Something is missing....?

Tried to post a pic from the ontario government intraweb. No access allowed for outsiders. My guess is it includes the crap like too many lane changes, turning left on a green before oncoming traffic, etc.

Sorry about that. Here is the pic in general text:

Ontario’s ‘street racing and stunt driving’ law is more than just about excessive speeding!

10 other reasons why a police officer can issue a ticket under this law

10. Repeatedly changing lanes in close proximity to other vehicles to advance through the ordinary flow of traffic
9. Driving with a person in the trunk of the motor vehicle
8. Outdistancing or attempting to outdistance other vehicles while speeding
7. Driving a vehicle while not sitting in the driver’s seat
6. Driving in a manner that indicates an intention to chase another vehicle
5. Driving a vehicle with intention to spin it or cause it to circle
4. Stopping or slowing down a vehicle to interfere with the movement of another vehicle
3. Driving, without justification, as close possible to another vehicle
2. Driving a vehicle with an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing
1. Making a left turn immediately before or after a green light

Yep.

The sheep don't realize just how nefarious this law is (don't forget about officer discretion that makes them so powerful under this law)

What's even more disturbing is how the sheep just take it and as such this law is still on the books.

The erosion of our freedoms is happening right before our eyes and people just don't care.

That 'prevent passing' one can be given out like candy to every 4 door econo shitbox in the left lane of the 401 every day.

Someone I know had a small car with a bench seat back in high school. For reaction alone he'd drive through town from the pass seat and watch people flip out. It was amusing

As for the dumbass law, we all know they're not interested in handing it out unless you're doing 50 over. There are likely tons of examples where it could be given out daily. We've all seen the stupid that is ontario highways.

3 and 7 are way too vague.

Leaning off during turns and staggered formation comes in mind.

My understanding is that we can still practise winter driving/skidding in parking lots as private property is not subject to HTA. Is this correct?

My understanding is that we can still practise winter driving/skidding in parking lots as private property is not subject to HTA. Is this correct?

Unless the parking lot is chained off, the cops could come in and charge you with dangerous driving. I'm not sure if they could get you with HTA charges. If you look up the definition of highway, it's not what you'd expect, it's more on the lines of easy access to roads counts.

No you can still be charged, but charge is likely to be dangerous driving. If the lot owner wanted to be a prick they could also pursue trespassing especially if it is posted as private property and you have no permission to be there.

Onterrible imposing Sharia-styled driving laws since HTA 172.

Where was HTA172 on this one?
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ets_1000_fine_for_killing_elderly_couple.html

Plead down to $1k fine + 1000 hrs community service + 2 year driving ban for doing pretty much the worst possible thing you can do in a car. Killing someone x 2.

Yet getting charged with "stunting" will get you:
If you are convicted of the Racing, Stunts, Etc., Prohibited law you will face a number of penalties:

• A fine of not less then $2,000 dollars to a maximum of $10,000 dollars.
  • A possible jail sentence of not more than 6 months.
  • A driver’s licence suspension for not more than 2 years for a first conviction

images

Sorry about that. Here is the pic in general text:

Ontario’s ‘street racing and stunt driving’ law is more than just about excessive speeding!

10other reasons why a police officer can issue a ticket under this law

10. Repeatedly changing lanes in close proximity to other vehicles to advance through the ordinary flow of traffic
9. Driving with a person in the trunk of the motor vehicle
8. Outdistancing or attempting to outdistance other vehicles while speeding
6. Driving in a manner that indicates an intention to chase another vehicle
4. Stopping or slowing down a vehicle to interfere with the movement of another vehicle
3. Driving, without justification, as close possible to another vehicle
2. Driving a vehicle with an intention to prevent another vehicle from passing
1. Making a left turn immediately before or after a green light

#1 is wrong. It's if you make a right turn before or immediately after the lights both ways go green, if there are vehicles that want to go straight through in the direction opposite you. Happens to me at least once a month and I have yet to see a cop catch someone for it.

#4 could more easily be described as brake checking someone.

#5 actually also includes just 'lighting it up.' It doesn't need to be full-out drifting.

#10 needs to be better described in law, because the intent is to stop people from weaving in traffic.

Onterrible imposing Sharia-styled driving laws since HTA 172.

Where was HTA172 on this one?
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...ets_1000_fine_for_killing_elderly_couple.html

Plead down to $1k fine + 1000 hrs community service + 2 year driving ban for doing pretty much the worst possible thing you can do in a car. Killing someone x 2.

Yet getting charged with "stunting" will get you:
If you are convicted of the Racing, Stunts, Etc., Prohibited law you will face a number of penalties:

• A fine of not less then $2,000 dollars to a maximum of $10,000 dollars.
  • A possible jail sentence of not more than 6 months.
  • A driver’s licence suspension for not more than 2 years for a first conviction

images

Everyone wants to blame McGuinty but it was largely the stillborn brain child of PC MPP Frank Klees, with EVERY member of the Legislature voting ion favour of it. If any MPP who was sitting in government at the time tries to blame someone other than himself, he's lying to you.

Yep.

The sheep don't realize just how nefarious this law is (don't forget about officer discretion that makes them so powerful under this law)

What's even more disturbing is how the sheep just take it and as such this law is still on the books.

The erosion of our freedoms is happening right before our eyes and people just don't care.

I know you're not taking it because you're not sheeple or "people". What are you doing about it? Please advise. I'd also like to get out from underneath this law. TIA

I know you're not taking it because you're not sheeple or "people". What are you doing about it? Please advise. I'd also like to get out from underneath this law. TIA
This is like the second or third post we've fully agreed on lately. Wow. I'll make the popcorn and await the reply like a good sheeple

This is like the second or third post we've fully agreed on lately. Wow. I'll make the popcorn and await the reply like a good sheeple

I'm pumping 'em out like crazy, you gotta know the odd one's gonna hit bulls eye. Still, a couple over almost 6000 isn't a roaring success. Please try harder to be in agreement. I know I'm doing all I can.

Between the unsupervised release of Vince Li and the story of the teenaged driver getting that minimal penalty for killing the two seniors makes me wonder about our Canadian society regarding how we value life (whose life do we actually value).

The government is saying: "Look how much we really care about life, we created HTA 172 to protect life." . .while at the same time we allow those that aren't charged with HTA 172 that kill someone to receive a less severe penalty.

Back
Top Bottom