Does a lounder exhaust save lives? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does a lounder exhaust save lives?

Engine design is predicated by muffler and intake snorkelling which is predicated by government dictate.

Last edited:
Question : had the bike out last week, and found that my exhaust seemed louder than usual. As most of you know, I suck at anything mechanical, so is it possible that a baffle isn't working properly or may have fallen out? Is that even possible? Or am I just getting old? I haven't had a chance to run the db meter app yet, as it's on my old phone. I just hope that the db reader doesn't tell me that I am now a db. ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Engine design is predicated by muffler and intake snorkelling which is predicated by government dictate.
I think you laid 'er down with dictate. I do not think that word means what you think it means. Shouldn't there be a noun like specification there, instead of a verb? Oops, my bad. The noun form is on the second page. :p

Last edited:
Question : had the bike out last week, and found that my exhaust seemed louder than usual. As most of you know, I suck at anything mechanical, so is it possible that a baffle isn't working properly or may have fallen out? Is that even possible? Or am I just getting old? I haven't had a chance to run the db meter app yet, as it's on my old phone. I just hope that the db reader doesn't tell me that I am now a db. 

Have you done any maintenance lately? Like ear candling?

I think you laid 'er down with dictate. I do not think that word means what you think it means. Shouldn't there be a noun like specification there, instead of a verb?

"How's my dictate?" Buckweat

Is it possible that a mouse got inside and built a nest in your pipe?
Don't burn your ear drum doing that. It happens more often than the ears get cleared.

Holy crap actually yes.
I wasn't feeling well last month and they did an ear drain.
Damn. I just might be a doosh.

Loud horns save lives. It's proven by science. :D

The side benefit is that they don't annoy everyone, just the ones you aim them at.
Or at least the surrounding people have a chance to see why you're being loud.

^^^ This ^^^

http://www.lapresse.ca/le-nouvellis...cyberpresse_vous_suggere_5091791_article_POS1

On Wednesday morning, the City found that the by-law that now prevents motorcycles from circulating on this section of the rue des Forges, which has so much talked over the province, has never Adopted.

"There has been an administrative error and the by-law has yet to be approved by the municipal council. The offense will be canceled and if some motorcyclists have already paid the fine, they will simply be reimbursed, "said City spokesperson Cynthia Simard.

On Tuesday, the City explained that the by-law had been approved by the City's Executive Committee last August, and that signage on that portion of the street had been installed in September. On re-reading the minutes of the Executive Committee, Notes rather that the committee took note of the minutes of the meeting of the committee on traffic and parking that made the recommendation of this by-law and that the executive requests that the recommendations be translated into draft regulations or resolution Of the circulation committee.

Thus, the by-law will be submitted to the municipal council at the meeting on May 15, confirms Mayor Yves Lévesque's chief of staff, Roger D. Landry. It will therefore be up to the municipal councilors and the mayor to debate and vote in favor or against the settlement. But how can we explain why a sign forbidding the presence of motorcycles on this section of rue des Forges appeared in September 2016 if no regulation had been deemed approved? "There was a mistake, quite simply. When the executive committee approved the minutes of the traffic committee, it was assumed that it had been formalized. I will be honest, on this one, we escaped, "admitted Roger D. Landry, who agreed to comment on the file while the mayor was outside the city.

False news However, the City is now faced with a problematic situation where false news continues to spread on social networks, indicating that the downtown area is closed to motorcyclists and calling motorcycle enthusiasts across the province to boycott Three -Rivières during the next summer season.
"It must be remembered that it is only a portion of a street of 140 meters that will be affected by the by-law, not the entire length of the Rue des Forges. Motorcyclists will always have plenty of space to drive, park and are always welcome. The objective of this by-law is to ensure a better cohabitation between the motorcycles and the residents of the area, "recalls Cynthia Simard.

Municipal councilor and mayor candidate Jean-François Aubin noted that there was clearly a lack of communication, but that the city was also the victim of a campaign of disinformation on social networks "In the communication process, but also in the implementation of the regulation, there was a lack. At the beginning of the season, was it really worth going there right away in repressive mode rather than proceeding with warnings?
At the same time, there are people who have given themselves to heart to disinformation on social networks by letting calls circulate to the boycott, saying that the city center was forbidden to motorcycles. We're really in the fake news when we look at it and it's a shame. It should never have taken such proportions, "Aubin believes.

SDC on the side of the Downtown Business Development Corporation (SDC), the decision to quash the findings was welcomed, but it is believed that the by-law prohibiting motorcycle traffic between Notre Dame Center and the River is necessary.

"In fact, that end of street there should have been banned from motorcycles since the regulation banning motorcycles in the tunnel was adopted. There are no good reasons for motorcycles to move around here, because there is no parking for them, they can not go into the tunnel and they have to do Only to return to Notre-Dame Center, to the parking for motorcycles.I also add that this portion of street is closed to traffic almost all summer because it becomes pedestrian, so seriously, it does not change great -thing. We must also listen to the citizens who reside in this sector and go forward with the regulation, "said SDC President Patrick Dupuis.

Loud pipes are a nuisance...they are down right awful on 250s.. there is no need for loud pipes unless you intend to blast pass the world at 150 + kmph and you want the world to know you are coming through..

Last year I had 2 bikes in my garage and I would ride them alternately to work, one was the VTX 1300 with cobra exhaust and one was the BMW R1200 with a super quite exhaust.

Riding the same route with each bike from the burbs to downtown I did notice quite alot of people would cut into my lane with quite R1200, and never with VTX. Hence I was noticed by being heard.

This happened all through summer, and I had to be much more vigilant with the R1200 C than the VTX.

The sound of the exhaust made people aware I was coming from their sides, I just feel much more safer on a load bike than the quite one.

Loud pipes absolutely save lives.
The wankers with stupid loud pipes stay home when the roadside checks are out and stay away from areas where they may be scrutinized, so less bikes in residential areas should equal less collisions.

Just thinking there will be less tossers pulling into my favorite coffee spots and winding up the rev box to 102dbs to show everybody , hey I'm here, is a satisfying thought.

Last year I had 2 bikes in my garage and I would ride them alternately to work, one was the VTX 1300 with cobra exhaust and one was the BMW R1200 with a super quite exhaust.

Riding the same route with each bike from the burbs to downtown I did notice quite alot of people would cut into my lane with quite R1200, and never with VTX. Hence I was noticed by being heard.

This happened all through summer, and I had to be much more vigilant with the R1200 C than the VTX.

The sound of the exhaust made people aware I was coming from their sides, I just feel much more safer on a load bike than the quite one.

I do agree that having an exhaust that can be heard gives another way for a driver to know you're there, however, people are getting exhausts that can be heard 5-10 blocks away.

Rabble rabble - story
Last year I was helping someone take a look at a Ninja 250 and the exhaust on that thing was ridiculous. At idle, it could be heard from 500m away. The seller "test rode" it to show that the bike was okay - I'm not ******** you, he got the cops called on him by neighbors in 1 min of "test riding" (neighbors from 2 different houses came out yelling). Bike was not plated. By the time cops got there, bike was parked and he was given a warning.

It was hilarious to me because he called me a wuss for not test riding the unplated, presumably uninsured, obnoxiously loud bike that he barely knew how to ride (not exactly how you get a prospective buyer to buy).
During our interaction, his dad actually pulled up to his driveway in his car and called him an idiot cause he was also riding full squid (no helmet) while he booted it up and down the street telling him to get rid of the f'in bike.

1. It doesn't help their situation because nobody knows where they're coming from
2. Some riders have the false sense of security where they think that just because they have a loud exhaust, they can ride as if everyone knows they're there. They focus more on making noise than making themselves seen.

Last edited:
Loud pipes are a nuisance...they are down right awful on 250s.. there is no need for loud pipes unless you intend to blast pass the world at 150 + kmph and you want the world to know you are coming through..

Disagree.

My girl friend, who is a none rider, has told me she hears bikes coming before she sees them. Once the sound is heard, she knows to look for them if she's making a lane change. I also hear bikes before seeing them and immediately start looking for them just to see what bike it is.

It doesn't matter if the exhaust is pointing the wrong way, her and myself hear bikes before we see them.

Now, the term loud becomes very subjective. I think we can all agree stock exhausts are far too quiet (at least on bikes that are not a cruiser). I also have a huge problem with dipshits that decide to slash cut their exhaust instead of getting a proper job (an offending moron on a S1000RR comes to mind). However, disagreeing that loud pipes are useless is absolutely flat out wrong unless you have hearing loss......in which you should get hearing aids to hear said pipes.

Last edited:
You are forgetting that as bikers we are attuned to the sounds of exhausts and look for bikes. The average cage driver who does not have any connection to bikes may not even register it different from road noise.

Loud pipes saves lives cause I'm aware of it and watching out for cops when I turn up the volume on it.....lol

You are forgetting that as bikers we are attuned to the sounds of exhausts and look for bikes. The average cage driver who does not have any connection to bikes may not even register it different from road noise.

Loud pipes saves lives cause I'm aware of it and watching out for cops when I turn up the volume on it.....lol

So maybe they should add into the G1 training with sound bites lol

You do bring up a good point though.

油井緋色;2493169 said:
So maybe they should add into the G1 training with sound bites lol

You do bring up a good point though.

Or maybe they should add to the M1-M2-M training that not everyone takes.

Back
Top Bottom