hole-y ground.... | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

hole-y ground....

Can't disagree with that. In this case it has the added benefit of being very heat efficient.

I would like to see the landscape dotted with brightly coloured quonset huts preferably 30x50 but I'm flexible. Not as energy efficient as a 3 sided hole but many other upsides.

Back in the early 1980's during my hippy phase, I built a passive (thermal mass) solar heated house on my parents farm. Did everything myself except the masonry (which I did the grunt work for lifting blocks and mixing mortar) and the central electrical box wiring. 10 patio door windows faced south, one electric baseboard heater in the laundry room, and a great wood stove kept me warm. It was built into a hillside up to the loft level in the back. 20x30 footprint, 12x30 second floor loft. I even made my own beams, cutting down trees on the farm and using a chainsaw jig to square them up. Good times, but I got bored after a few years and went back to school.

Far out.

Can't disagree with that. In this case it has the added benefit of being very heat efficient.
I had the same idea except it's not as efficient as you think if you consider the air needs to vent order to keep it from going stale. So you really need a highly efficient heat exchanger, and that's always going to be the weak link in the chain even if the walls are R1000000.

The guy was on the news last night as he was pushing for on-line funding to start a business. It sounded like some mentoring / landscape thing. Apparently the money isn't rolling in so if you have $10K rotting away......

I missed part of the interview but it sounded like it took him a very long time to dig the hole.

The guy was on the news last night as he was pushing for on-line funding to start a business. It sounded like some mentoring / landscape thing. Apparently the money isn't rolling in so if you have $10K rotting away......

I missed part of the interview but it sounded like it took him a very long time to dig the hole.

He said two years.

I was wondering if I could build a bat cave under my house. How would this work? Take into assumption the following:

3000sq foot house
20 acres surrounding all empty

Would it be possible to dig under the house and get wiring/electrical up? Would want a secret elevator or hidden staircase or something... How far do you have to dig? how much would this cost?

To avoid risking the integrity of your foundation, dig your bunker away from the house and stick a shed on top of the hatch.

Back
Top Bottom