hole-y ground.... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

hole-y ground....

They found a cell in North Pickering a couple years back, wackjob had a plan to kidnap some lady. That was my first thought.

Yeah, this area is secluded, but not really remote enough to commit that kind of crime. This has to be something else.

Apparently if it was continued, it would pop out the other side of the hill. If one were to make a very small opening at that end, it could be a very effective overlook spot for that part of the Pan Am games location. If one were to commit a crime from that location, the mayhem following would allow the perp to easily run thru the full height tunnel and escape the other side undetected.

I'm going with Catholic Veteran who is paranoid about the apocalypse and is doomsday prepping.

Apparently if it was continued, it would pop out the other side of the hill. If one were to make a very small opening at that end, it could be a very effective overlook spot for that part of the Pan Am games location. If one were to commit a crime from that location, the mayhem following would allow the perp to easily run thru the full height tunnel and escape the other side undetected.

Well, this make sense. Looking at the map, the tunnel is quite close to the tennis courts.

If the image below does not dsiplay properly, or if you want to see the high resolution, click here:
https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize...www.citynews.ca/files/2015/02/tunnel-maps.jpg

resize

Homeless guy, probably a foreign contractor, who built himself a temporary home. From what little I've heard someone with a little contracting experience could easily have dug and built it.

Homeless guy, probably a foreign contractor, who built himself a temporary home. From what little I've heard someone with a little contracting experience could easily have dug and built it.

It could be something simple like that.

But the Rule Number One for property is "location, location, location". Why build a temporary home so close to campus? Is the homeless guy also a York University student? Wouldn't be better to dig it in a more isolated area, so no one comes to kick you out eventually?

Or build it closer to the street (Shoreham drive on the north)? For easier access to the TTC
Or build it closer to the water (pond, stream, or river)?

I think this is close. I think it was a foreign contractor/maybe local based on the poppie.. who was a student at York U. Instead of living on residence and paying $10000 a year for 4 years, they built a cheap residence right next to their campus. Went through 4 hard years to make themself into something on VERY VERY little $$. That shelter looks like it costs about $1000. This person potentially saved themselves from spending an extra 39000 on student housing.

I think this is close. I think it was a foreign contractor/maybe local based on the poppie.. who was a student at York U. Instead of living on residence and paying $10000 a year for 4 years, they built a cheap residence right next to their campus. Went through 4 hard years to make themself into something on VERY VERY little $$. That shelter looks like it costs about $1000. This person potentially saved themselves from spending an extra 39000 on student housing.

It's not even 3 feet wide.

Still. Have you seen how small a dorm room is? SOOOOOO small... that tunnel just looks like more sqft than a shared dorm room.. lol

Yeah, but living 4 years in that hole?

Temporary for a few weeks max... maybe OK.
More than that, unlikely...

It could be something simple like that.

But the Rule Number One for property is "location, location, location". Why build a temporary home so close to campus? Is the homeless guy also a York University student? Wouldn't be better to dig it in a more isolated area, so no one comes to kick you out eventually?

Or build it closer to the street (Shoreham drive on the north)? For easier access to the TTC
Or build it closer to the water (pond, stream, or river)?

You build it in a place like that because you want it to be accessible, but not easily found. Too near a street and it's easily found. Same with something like a pond, that will have paths going to it. Putting it near something like a university campus gives you somewhere to go if it's cold or raining. You won't look too out of place if you're youngish and dressed like a slob plus it's an easy source of weed and cigarette butts, if you're of a mind. Even better if you're a creeper.

And yes, it could even be a poor university student.

Osama bin laden was building himself a summer home in Canada until Obama got him.

On a serious note, I agree with Scott - No one goes through that trouble for no reason, most of the uses are unpractical except for a hide out place for mischief and we are about to have a high profile world even t in Toronto.

dramatic-prairie-dog-o.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom