hole-y ground.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

hole-y ground....

This was obviously Wiarton Willie telling us that spring is not coming anytime soon

This was obviously Wiarton Willie telling us that spring is not coming anytime soon

Ahahaha best comment on this article I've read yet!

When they find the guy, they should hire him to dig our subway tunnels for cheap.

all of you are wrong

it's the Canadian version of the US ICBM missile sillows...sheesh ppl

btw- with all the cameras these days, uhm...nothing on video??

I think we've figured it out. A Mexican groundhog hobo who's up to no good. That's got to narrow it down enough doesn't it?

I don't know why someone dug it, but have the police bothered to mention why they didn't stake it out for a few days and ask whoever shows up what it is for?

I don't know why someone dug it, but have the police bothered to mention why they didn't stake it out for a few days and ask whoever shows up what it is for?

Maybe word had already spread among York U students of its existence.

-York U students looking for a place to study
-Subway station/tunnel workers had a peculiar side project (remember that it's in the neighbourhood)

They did stake it out for almost a month.

I can understand if word already got out about it, like TwistedKestrel said... but staking out a tunnel during the coldest month of the year when the tunnel diggers probably took a break until the ground thawed out a bit doesn't make a lot of sense.

I can understand if word already got out about it, like TwistedKestrel said... but staking out a tunnel during the coldest month of the year when the tunnel diggers probably took a break until the ground thawed out a bit doesn't make a lot of sense.

Digging was happening well below the frost line and the tunnel opening was covered. As a result, dirt at the digging end would not have been frozen at all.

Police said the temperature deep inside the tunnel was around 20 degrees C, "very comfortable inside". That may have been an exaggeration, but anyone with geothermal heating in their home knows that earth temperature below the frost line tends to stay around 10 degree C year-round. That would be comfortable digging temperature year-round.

Digging was happening well below the frost line and the tunnel opening was covered. As a result, dirt at the digging end would not have been frozen at all.

Police said the temperature deep inside the tunnel was around 20 degrees C, "very comfortable inside". That may have been an exaggeration, but anyone with geothermal heating in their home knows that earth temperature below the frost line tends to stay around 10 degree C year-round. That would be comfortable digging temperature year-round.

Great, but not all of the work of tunneling is below ground... they need to get rid of the dirt somewhere as a mount of dirt sitting on top of a snow bank might set off a few alarms.

You know, somebody spent money on this. I have a better idea of where it is now - there are a lot of residences in the area. My gut tells me it's a criminal enterprise somehow, but then what's the deal with the Legion poppy & rosary?

Police address that here: http://youtu.be/8L2fUTU7-wM?t=3m22s - they didn't because the cat was out of the bag (I was sort of right)

This is going to keep me awake...

Builder(s) had the foresight to disguise the tunnel entrance, and the generator & pump "station" ... probably also had the foresight to observe the tunnel entrance remotely. Apartments on Driftwood Ave would be a good vantage point. They didn't mention finding clothes on site, so whoever was doing this was probably filthy (changing outside would be risking winding up on the sex offender mailing list). Tunnel is aligned north-south (was proceeding north). I find it interesting that the tunnel is 6' 4" high - standing height, basically. More effort to build it that way - maybe was planned to be used a lot? I speculate the police aren't going to learn anything from their forensic analysis - this project wasn't finished, so it was never used for whatever its ultimate purpose was going to be.

All signs point to a re-enactment of "Blast from the Past"

They found a cell in North Pickering a couple years back, wackjob had a plan to kidnap some lady. That was my first thought.

Back
Top Bottom