2014 kawasaki z1000 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 kawasaki z1000

A friend of mine has its close cousin, the Ninja 1000, and likes it a lot.

A friend of mine has its close cousin, the Ninja 1000, and likes it a lot.
They feel quite different if you sit on them both side by side. Personally I like the Ninja1000 fit better. Can't comment on actual riding them.

Yes, the handlebars are quite different and that leads to the different riding position, and obviously the Ninja 1000 has a fairing and windshield. Basic bike underneath is the same.

I test rode the Ninja 1000 a couple years ago at Kahuna and loved it, great riding position, fabulous motor.

I have a 2008 Z1000 and love it. I will be installing some flatter bars on it this year to get a little sportier feel when riding. That being said when my bike ADD kicks in in a few years i already have my eye on the newly designed Z1000. Of all the reviews I have read people seem to be loving it. Not sure if Kawi just paid all the right magazines for those reviews, so take that for what it is.

image.jpgThis is my bike. Just installed a pro taper low handle bar
with bar end mirrors and pazzo levers.
Cant say anything about the riding position.
Just sold my gsxr 600, this is a new ride for me.

My plan is to install the ricky charmichael pro taper bar this spring. Have the bar ends and levers already. Looks like I'll be happy with that choice based on your purchase.

View attachment 36409This is my bike. Just installed a pro taper low handle bar
with bar end mirrors and pazzo levers.
Cant say anything about the riding position.
Just sold my gsxr 600, this is a new ride for me.

Watch the turn in at first. With the extra leverage of a wider bar you will be on the sidewalk with the same bar pressure.

Z1000 would be top of my list if I were in the market for a naked bike. Sexy as hell, comfortable riding position, gobs and gobs of power and excellent handling.

Back
Top Bottom