Cheapest Inline 4 bikes to insure ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cheapest Inline 4 bikes to insure ?

Ghostrider619

Hello, I know supersport bikes are extremely expensive to insure but does anyone know any sporty looking bike( inline 4 ) that is not considered a supersport, I know 250s are cheaper to insure but personally they sound so bad compared to supersports.

Ninja 1000r and GSX600F would be my picks if I was in that market

Both are considered sport touring

What if you go older? The older ZZR600 or CBRF3/4 are an option. Some companies don't consider them SS's.

Ninja 1000r and GSX600F would be my picks if I was in that market

Both are considered sport touring

I believe most (all?) insurance companies treat the Ninja 1000 as an SS

Well in that case I don't know what's more ignorant; my potential misinformation or the fact that insurance companies equate 'big' motors as an SS bike.

The latter

a GSX650F is more to insure at State Farm than a GSXR600.

what about a Yamaha FZ6R?...it's classified as a sport touring but it's still a 600 cc, and it's an inline 4...seating position is more upright than on a pure sport bike and I can go 500+ km without any back pains...I have a 2010 purchased end of summer 2013 and absolutely love it...great on gas, fun in the twisties and lots of power for highway too...check it out...

CBR650F
FZ6R
GSX-650F
CBF600SA

Essentially you are looking for a sports touring (so to speak) that has a 4 cylinder engine. If you are willing to open it up to twins as well, then you also have the Ninja 650R, SV650, FZ-07, and maybe a few others.

older Bandit?

Thanks guys ! I will call the insurance companies next month and see how much of a difference there is with 250cc and the bikes you guys mentioned. If its not too much ill just get those sport touring bikes :)

I believe most (all?) insurance companies treat the Ninja 1000 as an SS
Might depend on who you talk to. I'm with The Personal and whenever I talk to them they almost always tell me they don't insure anything with "Ninja" in the name since they are all "high performance". Then I either make them double check or call back and get someone else and find out they do and their agents just don't know bikes at all.
Cause they go by cc right?
Yes. When I had a 650R State Farm told me a ZX6R would be cheaper to insure because the engine is smaller. That said, I could get insurance at just over half State Farm's rates by shopping elsewhere. They're really only good for SS bikes.

I'd go fz6, 2009 and prior...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My z750 is pretty cheap on insurance

Also if you aren't against bikes that aren't fully-faired, then look at the FZ6 as well. Essentially a de-tuned R6 engine, and makes more power than the FZ6R. I know a few people who ride them and like them.

my FZ1 is considered a sport bike not a Super-sport, insurance is $850/yr full coverage.

Hello, I know supersport bikes are extremely expensive to insure but does anyone know any sporty looking bike( inline 4 ) that is not considered a supersport, I know 250s are cheaper to insure but personally they sound so bad compared to supersports.

I just got the bill for my 2015 insurance for my 2014 GSX-650F.
It was under $1k, which I think is pretty cheap considering I don't have full M yet.

Its got more power than my previous ride but its not as much fun to toss around.

I think I'm going to switch again when spring comes :D

Back
Top Bottom