Oakville M2 Exit test (RTI) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oakville M2 Exit test (RTI)

Kawithumb

Just booked my M2 Exit in Oakville but (although I don't live very far from it) never venture down there other than glancing at it from the 407.
Can anybody tell me generally where the road test will be? Looking to take a few rides around and familiarize myself with the area.

-g

If it's anything like Humber, they'll ride you through the area the day before. Some of the roads will be on your route. Humber has a dozen or so, different routes that they'll use, but there's only one or two decent low traffic long curves, and a couple of highway access points.

Generally, it will be from the school and around the local commercial, residential, and industrial area, onto and off of the highway, then back on and off for the return.

I did my M2 exit through RTI many years ago so I don't recall the exact route. The test started and ended at the Tim Horton's at Third Line and the QEW. Some of the route was through the industrial area along Wyecroft and the South Service Road and then some residential neighbourhoods south of the QEW. The highway portion was on the QEW from Ford or Royal Windsor back to the Tim Horton's at Third Line. Don't worry about the route. You won't be exceeding the posted speed limits and you'll have the tester behind you in a car giving you directions through an earpiece.

Did my M2 Exit through RTI some time ago. Gary64 described the route pretty well. The course is all day. the morning and part of the afternoon are spent training for the test, learning the specific items that the instructor will be observing when testing is performed in the afternoon. You also get instruction in proper group riding, a benefit over booking a test through the MTO. The instructor is the tester for the exams in the afternoon. As Gary64 points out, they follow in a car and contact through a radio. Because you've practiced all day, the test should be a breeze to pass (however, one guy in the group I had failed...unbelievable).

OK for the record just in case anyone finds this on a search. After leaving third line Timmies, the industrial portion was basically Speers road, residential portion was south of Speers anywhere between Dorval and Third Line (finishing at third line from Bridge road), north on third line on the QEW (East) to Dorval, immediately back on to QEW (West), off at third line back to Timmies. Not sure if things have changed since Gary took it or perhaps each instructor has their own preference. Maybe more than one approved rout?

At any rate it was easy but I'm glad I did the course before hand. All the little things they're looking for were made habit well before the test.

Back
Top Bottom