What do you think about this bike/scenario as a beginner? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What do you think about this bike/scenario as a beginner?

Not sure how the scam will go down, but I bet, there will be some kind of last minute thing with the shipping guy who wants the money in some account before he shows up with the bike, and then, never shows up.
You can sell the same bike a thousand times like this.

Ask for VIN so you can check with local MOT. If he they are selling, they will have a UVIP which lists previous owners and mileage.
If he isn't around to sign UVIP or refuses to get one, you can't technically own it, which brings me to believe it might be a stolen bike.

Not sure how the scam will go down, but I bet, there will be some kind of last minute thing with the shipping guy who wants the money in some account before he shows up with the bike, and then, never shows up.
You can sell the same bike a thousand times like this.

That's exactly what they do. I played it out with this guy once. I agreed to buy the bike, we agreed on the price at $5200. Everything was a go. The day before "delivery" the seller emails me saying "the truck driver wants $2289 for storage and shipping" and "could I please send the trucker the money, or he won't deliver the bike. Just deduct it from the purchase price." And that's how it's done... I can't believe people fall for this, but some actually do. A fool and his money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know by now you guys have figured this is a scam. Just wanted to pipe up and stay that when I was looking for a 250 I remember this guy. I remember the photo, he's obviously recycling it over and over again. It was on kijiji and auto trader.

I remember when I was looking for a 250, It may of been the exact same guy that I got into contact. I looked through my email to see if I could find it and found the exact same 3 pictures you posted in his email to me. The email went on like so:

Hello,
I got ur reply to my Kawasaki Ninja 250 ad listed on the AutoTrader and i confirm that the bike is still for sale for $2300.
The bike is a 2008 year model with only 4800 km,250 cc displacement.
This bike looks and runs like new!It's in mint condition.The bicycle is very comfortable to drive..

I'm getting rid of my bike cuz i no longer use it since i went abroad for archaeological research where i'll be living for 2 long years and i left the bike to my brother who was keeping it since a few months but he called me a few days ago saying that he's moving to New york and he can't any longer keep my bike.
I don't have anyone else around who will be keeping it for me for all those long years so i decided to sell it quickly at a low price to get rid of it.
I intrusted the bike to a private truck driver in Ontario who's taking care of the sale and of the delivery as well.

Im very happy that u find interest in my bike and i assure u that the bike is in very great shape,nothing wrong with it at all,u'll have great fun with it.

So i've talked to the truck driver that i found someone who's buying it and he's requesting ur details and house address so that he will transport the bike and all its paperworks(MTO ownership,Uvip,Bill of sale) to ur door with no cost at u and once the bike is at ur home you will test drive it,check the papers with the ministry of transportation and if u find everything ok then u will take the bike and settle the payment of the $2300 cash on the spot to become the new owner of my wonderful bike.

So get back to me with ur following details and address and i'll forward them to the delivery guy and he will get in touch with u to set up a time for the delivery and the bike will be brought to u asap:

Full name:............../City:................./Post code:................./House address:................./Phone #:..................

I'll be waiting to hear from u asap.

Regards.

I can't believe you fell for that. smh. at least you didn't buy it.
It goes like this,
buddy with truck needs some money to ship it to u to try. you send money with the promise he will reimburse you when he delivers bike. bike never shows up and you are out the "delivery" money.

Back
Top Bottom