Quietest modular helmet? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quietest modular helmet?

deejizzle

Hey guys,

Need a new lid. My suomy broke down on me, and I've been dealing with a random no name brand for the fall portion of last season, but even that has broken down. I'd like to try my hand at a modular. My el-cheapo modular was alright, but I want to invest in something nice for the upcoming season. My priorities are:

1. quiet
2. light weight
2. Fits my scala

Now i looking for quiet and light weight in a modular seems kinda backward, but I'm looking for the best option out there. I'm highly interested in the Shark evoline s3 as I would like to ride with it open during lower speeds, but at highway speeds I'd like something that is comfortable.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Check out Schuberth helmets... I have an S2 Sport and the SRC System for the S2 on order. They are premium helmets and are one of the lightest and quietest on the market.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Need a new lid. My suomy broke down on me, and I've been dealing with a random no name brand for the fall portion of last season, but even that has broken down. I'd like to try my hand at a modular. My el-cheapo modular was alright, but I want to invest in something nice for the upcoming season. My priorities are:

1. quiet
2. light weight
2. Fits my scala

Now i looking for quiet and light weight in a modular seems kinda backward, but I'm looking for the best option out there. I'm highly interested in the Shark evoline s3 as I would like to ride with it open during lower speeds, but at highway speeds I'd like something that is comfortable.

Thanks for your recommendations.

I just picked up the Shark Evoline, haven't riden in it yet but I definitely noticed that it definitely drowns out noise when it's on. Seems pretty light but I know they have a carbon fiber version too (not sure if it's sold in Canada though). I paid 414 tax in at the show on the weekend.

Schuberth are very quiet helmets, though with any helmet you should still wear ear plugs. They are not cheap though, I guess it helps to know your price range.

Schuberth C3 Pro is THE quietest modular helmet. The C3 was already the best in its class but they made it even better, it was discounted at the show and cheaper Shoei Neotec.

Nolan and Schuberth are great!

Shark helmets (evoline) gave me headaches.

Schuberth C3 Pro is THE quietest modular helmet. The C3 was already the best in its class but they made it even better, it was discounted at the show and cheaper Shoei Neotec.

How much was the Schuberth at the show (roughly) do you remember? I'm interested in picking up a modular this season.

I haven't been able to find any dealers for Nolan in Canada online and the US online retailers seem to be clearing out stock with no availability. Can you suggest one? Would be especially nice if I could try one on!

yes I ride with earplugs when i do long hauls, but for short rides i dont bother.

the evoline is about my price point, and what really turns me on is you can technically wear it fully open at speed. Most modulars you cant (technically) and it would probably also be a pain due the huge increase in drag from the partially open helmet. I have heard that the schuberth is tested and true, how is the non pro model? maybe if i cant afford the newest and greatest maybe the last model is still ok?

Thanks guys

Shark helmets (evoline) gave me headaches.

Got to go with what fit's your head.

I've had an Evoline 2 & now have a 3, and I really like them. Can't compare to the Schubert because I've never tried one. Not as quiet or light as my Shark Speed R full face, but that's to be expected. Not much louder though, but I always wear ear plugs.

I like the Evoline because you can ride with the chin guard back and visor down. I don't do it much, but on super hot days stuck in traffic, it's worth it.

Last edited:
How much was the Schuberth at the show (roughly) do you remember? I'm interested in picking up a modular this season.

C3 was 690 taxes in, regular $825
C3 Pro was $865
Shoei Neotec was $750

These prices are for solid colours

I have a Schuberth C3 and generally like the idea of modular helmets.

The Evoline caught my eye with its Transformer-esque features however I read some complaints about it being very noisy due to the lack of tight sealing neck gaskets. I don't know if it's wind noise or resonance they were complaining about but it was enough to scare me off since the C3 works well in the noise abatement arena. Wonder if this would be easy enough to fix as the Evoline is such a neat helmet.

Ride with a Shoei Modular. Love the modular. Not the quietest of helmets. A great fit, so comfortable. Tried the Schuberth, not such a good fit.
Cost less than $700 with taxes. 3 years ago. Sturgess Cycles.
Tried to do a search on the site. Good luck.

Last edited:
I rather like the Scorion EXO900. I'm on my second one. It is a lot quieter than what i wore previosly but then I always wear earplugs (and it's a good habit to be in.)

..Tom

Schuberth has been rated as having low wind noise, for their modular helmets. Take it from someone who has suffered hearing loss, though, that the quietest helmet is the one that you're wearing ear plugs in.

I have the Schuberth C3. While it is a very quiet helmet, it achieves this mainly because of the chin curtain that stops the wind from rushing underneath the helmet up into your eardrums.

However, if you have a good windscreen that shields against the oncoming air, the chin curtain also blocks a lot of ventilation and the helmet can feel very stuffy because of it. Especially in hot weather.

I cut out the chin curtain (felt really bad hacking at an $800 helmet) and the airflow improved, but the wind noise increased so that it was more or less the same as any other helmet.

I've been using a C3 PRO for over a year now. Great helmet. Quietest helmet I've ever owned.
The only issue I have is the ratchet type buckle rubs on my adams apple. Especially on an upright posture bike.
On a more sportbike posture it's fine. So if interested in one of these try it out on a similar bike before you buy.
The flip up lid is great for border crossings. And for quick stops at the gas stations.

I am on my second Nolan N43 Trilogy, most comfortable helmet I ever had, I take the chin bar off if it is too hot. It is not the quietest helmet on the market but sure fits nicely. I have a Sena BT system attached to it with helmet speakers.

Schuberth has been rated as having low wind noise, for their modular helmets. Take it from someone who has suffered hearing loss, though, that the quietest helmet is the one that you're wearing ear plugs in.

Yep.

Ear plugs no matter what. Even then, if you're helmet is noisy you still might not get the DB level down to hearing safe if you're droning for 8 hours per day.

C3Pro is rated at 82 Db at 100kph I believe. That is "generally" hearing safe but as soon as you start to get to 120kph the DB will go up and then you're getting into the damage zone if you're riding long enough.

Many helmets today would be well over 100 Db at 100KPH and as such with no ear plugs you're definitely in for long run hearing loss and even may have some with ear plugs given enough road time.

Back
Top Bottom