Quietest modular helmet? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quietest modular helmet?

Hey guys,

Need a new lid. My suomy broke down on me, and I've been dealing with a random no name brand for the fall portion of last season, but even that has broken down. I'd like to try my hand at a modular. My el-cheapo modular was alright, but I want to invest in something nice for the upcoming season. My priorities are:

1. quiet
2. light weight
2. Fits my scala

Now i looking for quiet and light weight in a modular seems kinda backward, but I'm looking for the best option out there. I'm highly interested in the Shark evoline s3 as I would like to ride with it open during lower speeds, but at highway speeds I'd like something that is comfortable.

Thanks for your recommendations.

any idea why?

You will find that your helmet options may be limited depending on what your head shape is. Most helmets are made for people with narrow heads which is the most common. There are charts out there that tells you which helmets are for what shaped heads. You have to try on the helmets and wear them while walking around the store to make sure there are no pressure points.

I rather like the Scorion EXO900. I'm on my second one. It is a lot quieter than what i wore previosly but then I always wear earplugs (and it's a good habit to be in.)

..Tom

I have this helmet and I love it, it is the heaviest of all the helmets I have but it is probably the cheapest out of all the options mentioned here. I will probably buy that Shark Evoline as my next helmet.

Tried the Shark modular on a few weeks ago at GP Bikes, didn't like it at all. Felt cheap to me (I've been riding with Shoei for the past 6 years) and I couldn't get my glasses to fit comfortably despite them claiming they have eyeglass frame "channels".

Was thinking about getting a Shoei Neotec this weekend at Royal Distributing in their 25% off everything sale, but just looked at their catalog and called to confirm they only carry gloss black. I really wanted silver or white :/

Tried the Shark modular on a few weeks ago at GP Bikes, didn't like it at all. Felt cheap to me (I've been riding with Shoei for the past 6 years) and I couldn't get my glasses to fit comfortably despite them claiming they have eyeglass frame "channels".

Was thinking about getting a Shoei Neotec this weekend at Royal Distributing in their 25% off everything sale, but just looked at their catalog and called to confirm they only carry gloss black. I really wanted silver or white :/

What helmet do you have now? I tried so many, and bought the first one that fit my glasses. At least 10 others did not.

Thanks. Will check them out.

TZ-R is old and discontinued. Qwest is pretty readily available, you will definitely find some at Royal on sale this weekend. Note that I took my helmet with me when trying on glasses, some frames work better with helmets than others. Especially sunglasses.

TZ-R is old and discontinued. Qwest is pretty readily available, you will definitely find some at Royal on sale this weekend. Note that I took my helmet with me when trying on glasses, some frames work better with helmets than others. Especially sunglasses.

Yeah. I did the same thing. Last time, just kept the frames, replaced the lenses.

I know this is an older thread but since the topic of ordering gear from Europe came up I thought I'd let everyone know that FC-Moto.de has a 20 Euro coupon ($30 cdn) valid until March 27th code is FCSTART16 minimum order 150 euro.

Basically gets you free shipping to Canada.

I've also ordered a bunch of stuff from motostorm.it they have really good prices. 150 euro ($220 cdn) for a pair of Dainese boots I almost bought for $300 + tax locally. Luggage prices are very good also, plus they stock Kappa (cheaper, sister brand of Givi) which is hard to find in Canada. Check their 'Outlet' for deals. If you write a review for any product on their site they email you a 20 euro coupon (200 euro minimum to redeem) you can redeem up to 5 per order. Shipping to Canada for any size order seems to be 39 euro.

On my last (fairly large) order I only got dinged the HST and maybe $10 in FedEx fees, so very much worth it.

The only negative would be if you needed to return something (clothing that doesn't fit). Probably better off selling on Kijiji locally.

I have a tip for all helmet wearers that have an open section near the ears for speakers.

Discovered it on the trip out west.

If you are not using speakers ....that section resonates like hell. I got tired of it at 85 mph across the prairie and fiddling with the helmet figured it out. ( Pushing the helmet up the resonance went away)

Next stop I stuffed 5-6 of my foam earplugs in the bag for a single pair and slipped them into the speaker space. What a difference.
Still have them in there....noticed yesterday one ear was noisier and found the bag had shifted a bit. Tucked it back in and back to relative quiet..
That space is a bloody echo chamber - damp it out.

Back
Top Bottom