Of these three, which would you pick? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Of these three, which would you pick?

which would you pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Comparing an 1800cc m109 to a 1730cc victory and an 883cc Harley, is like comparing a Bmw gs1200 to a Ktm 1290 adventure and a Klx250s.
Just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comparing an 1800cc m109 to a 1730cc victory and an 883cc Harley, is like comparing a Bmw gs1200 to a Ktm 1290 adventure and a Klx250s.
Just sayin...

yeah, I don't get how these three are being compared... is it because of cost of a new 883 vs an 08 jackpot? They are so far apart that this is really more about the rider than the bike. if I was a new rider, and the image of HD matters (it did to me personally) then I'd go with the sporty. But if I was more experienced and wanted power then I don't see how the sporty makes sense. Having said that a dyna 103 (mentioned earlier) is gonna be 5k more so if this is budget driven then that's not an option.

No offence, but you are a marketers dream. If you buy into the whole mechanical object being haunted thing then more power to you as you really seem to enjoy it, and that's all that really counts after all.

Intellectually I cannot place a holy reverence into any brands mechanical object.

yeah, it sucks cuz i'm such a sucker. :/

I guess when you owned one, you just didn't feel the same way? I can't blame you really...it's stupid to think a machine has a soul.

Overwhelmed by the M109R love! Good to know. I guess the M50 would be more comparable to the 883, but I also like the Indian Scout everyone posted up, good looking and in the same price range. Wasn't ever on my radar.

These three were posted because those are the only three that look good to me and that I would drop coin to buy. I mean, I love the 2015 blue gixxer but my back would not be able to take it.

Budget is always a concern, looking for value for money and a bike that rides, not always needing tweaking.

Overwhelmed by the M109R love! Good to know. I guess the M50 would be more comparable to the 883, but I also like the Indian Scout everyone posted up, good looking and in the same price range. Wasn't ever on my radar.

These three were posted because those are the only three that look good to me and that I would drop coin to buy. I mean, I love the 2015 blue gixxer but my back would not be able to take it.

Budget is always a concern, looking for value for money and a bike that rides, not always needing tweaking.

Indian scout is really cool however keep in mind it's doesn't have passenger pegs. (not sure how they would be added tbh)

yeah, it sucks cuz i'm such a sucker. :/

I guess when you owned one, you just didn't feel the same way? I can't blame you really...it's stupid to think a machine has a soul.

I never called you a sucker and I stated that how you feel is all that really matters. I merely pointed out that I cannot feel the same way.

I haven't owned one because they haven't made one I want yet. They might some day. I have owned 21 bikes so far and I have been attached to some because I really liked them and the way they filled my needs at the time. Not because of some feeling of spirituality.

Why are you posting like you were being attacked? Too much caffeine? It's just like religion, I can feel its idiotic but I will always defend your right to your own decisions.

Indian scout is really cool however keep in mind it's doesn't have passenger pegs. (not sure how they would be added tbh)

The footpegs are a factory option.

I never called you a sucker and I stated that how you feel is all that really matters. I merely pointed out that I cannot feel the same way.

I haven't owned one because they haven't made one I want yet. They might some day. I have owned 21 bikes so far and I have been attached to some because I really liked them and the way they filled my needs at the time. Not because of some feeling of spirituality.

Why are you posting like you were being attacked? Too much caffeine? It's just like religion, I can feel its idiotic but I will always defend your right to your own decisions.

it's more of an aloof statement....don't take it the wrong way..

I mean, I love the 2015 blue gixxer but my back would not be able to take it.

you'd be surprised how comfortable they are. I've done many 8 hour or longer days with mine and I find it rather comfortable. Being a whole other animal, insurance costs would be something to consider.

If budget is a thing personally I wouldn't go near a harley. Likely then I'd say m109 but after the show I'm liking the victory or Indian scout.

Buy a versus 1k or fj9 if you want sporty handling with out the back pain. You may find that cruisers are by far the hardest bikes on bad back due to the ç seating position. They place all your weight on your tail bone with no support from your legs.

sent from a device using a program

Looking at the op original list of considerations, it looks to be a price point consideration and then style.

I think you can still get a Dyna with a 96" motor with some upgraded in the same ball park as a used Victory or Suzuki.

If it was up to performance, I'd go with the Suzuki with liquid cooled and big cube motor and cool factor profile.

The vic is alright. I'd rather HD but admit to bias.

It's not better. But it's not any more expensive.

The only thing more costly about hd is their merchandise. It's ridiculous.

Parts and shiny bits and used price points are compatible.

The sporty shouldn't even be part of the comparo.

Just sayin...

agreed.. and the price swing on these is massive.

a new victory jackpot is about 18 grand
new sportsters start at about 8 or 9 grand.

completely different bikes, now if a Vrod was in the mix it would be a better comparison, i think i saw the sticker on one at the show was 20k.

on the used market, sportsters dont seem to ever go below 5 grand...weather they sell or not i dont know.

Voted M109R, based on performance.
Personally not ready for a crusier. May never be. But I do think if I were to choose one it would probably the Triumph Thunderbird Storm. Got the looks (minimal chrome) and a decent performer (in crusier terms).

Voted M109R, based on performance.
Personally not ready for a crusier. May never be. But I do think if I were to choose one it would probably the Triumph Thunderbird Storm. Got the looks (minimal chrome) and a decent performer (in crusier terms).

I used to say the same thing. The answer is to keep a sportbike as well. And to never look like a pirate.

I had an older Sportster 1200 and enjoyed the low end thrust. I didn't like the short range tank. I also got the impression that people got tired of them fairly quickly and traded up. The 883 is a girls bike if macho is your thing.

so, I'm really slow to move, but I finally bought an M109R over the holidays. It was my cousin's bike. I've leaving it in Florida for now.

Hope to get down and do some cruising in the next two months.

Attachments

• M109R 7.jpg
    M109R 7.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 42

Back
Top Bottom