Of these three, which would you pick? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Of these three, which would you pick?

which would you pick

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The 883 is a nice little bar hopper and run about. If buy used and a 1200 with a previous owner spending money on up grades like a/c and exhaust and maybe a seat or windshield.

The Suzuki is a beast.

The victory is a nice machine.

The sporty's are dime a dozen.

A fair comparo would be to drop the sporty and consider a dyna with a 103.

109 doesn't belong...it's a totaly different bike.

HD is HD - you get a spirit with that bike that you won't get with the others - though i'd consider a 1200. ...

Define this "spirit" - slower, shakes more? ;)
A bike's a bike, there's no mystical stuff here.

Anyhow, personally I think that M109 is best all around, although the style doesn't agree with me 100%.

I've ridden both the Jackpot and the M109R. Both are excellent bikes and both were owned by friends and found them to be very reliable. They're a bit differnet but both power-cruisers so I suggest sitting on both and buy the one that you find most comfortable/pretty.

Define this "spirit" - slower, shakes more? ;)
A bike's a bike, there's no mystical stuff here.

Anyhow, personally I think that M109 is best all around, although the style doesn't agree with me 100%.

I don't deny any of the slower/shaker comments, but i loved every moment of ownership (aside from not keeping up with anyone).

I'm just sayin, there's a certain undescribable soul to owning a harley. Won't know until you own one. If insurance wasn't so stupid, i'd have kept my 1200 convert in the stable...it's a fun ride to literally putt around on...

That being said, I would love a roadglide but wouldn't drop the immense coin to own one.

Hands down; M109R. I recently heard from a harley rider that the sportster is not a good way to get into Harleys even though they've generally come along way.

883 is a tiny tiny thing. I look comically oversized while sitting on it (5'11", 225lbs)

Wheelbase:

883 1518mm
Vegas 1684mm
M109R 1709mm

Last edited:
I don't deny any of the slower/shaker comments, but i loved every moment of ownership (aside from not keeping up with anyone).

I'm just sayin, there's a certain undescribable soul to owning a harley. Won't know until you own one.

No offence, but you are a marketers dream. If you buy into the whole mechanical object being haunted thing then more power to you as you really seem to enjoy it, and that's all that really counts after all.

Intellectually I cannot place a holy reverence into any brands mechanical object.

I like the Victory brand. Don't have one in the garage yet but i'll trade around for one this summer. May I recommend going to your local dealer and take notice of how comfortable they make you feel. If the dealership is crappy when you walk in the door it won't get any better when you need something done on the bike. I find that people really make the difference in this business.

No offence, but you are a marketers dream. If you buy into the whole mechanical object being haunted thing then more power to you as you really seem to enjoy it, and that's all that really counts after all.

Intellectually I cannot place a holy reverence into any brands mechanical object.

damn!
-D- heads back to Ducati store for refund.

Purely based on looks, I would go with the Victory first and Harley Second. If I was ever going to buy a Sportster I would not go with the 883, I would look for a 1200. The M109 looks like a blob on wheels. Not sure if I have just given into the marketing, but Japanese cruisers to me have no character. I love the rumble of a Harley.

Back
Top Bottom