How to keep young people from turning to ISIS? | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to keep young people from turning to ISIS?

found this to be quite funny yet informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ibKWVTFSak

I don't really thing that Bill Maher was "destroyed". Lots of deflection and not answering the question. Just bringing up a different example. Actually that interview actually seems to put Muslims in a worse light. Other than female genital mutilation being more of an African problem than a Muslim problem he did not do a good job at all on the other issues. Frankly he did a good job making Muslims look bad. It was a laundry list of countries which he alluded to as a problem with that country. Even Iran was criticized in his "interview" which is one of the two shining stars of Muslim countries you have cited in previous posts.

Anyone using Indonesia as an example of an enlightened nation really needs to give their head a shake:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/story/sharia-showdown

Now we have a genuine problem that the world needs to look at. ISIS is now gaining traction in Yemen:

http://gantdaily.com/2015/03/20/yemen-bombs-kill-137-at-mosques-isis-purportedly-lays-claim/

That makes four countries by my count with an ISIS problem. If I were a true Islamophobe and hated Muslims I would be cheering this as ISIS seems to do a heck of a lot more damage and destruction to other Muslims than any other group of people. However, I am shocked, saddened, and dismayed by what I see ISIS doing to other Muslims.

What to do? I think we need an international force to eradicate these nutbars. However, I want to see this coalition headed up by Muslims and our involvement and other Western nations involvement needs to be at the bequest of Muslim nations.

Edit: It appears that he is wrong about FGM as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country

Somalia, Guinea, Djibouti, Egypt, and Sierra Leone all have at least 90% female genital mutilation. All of them are Muslim-majority countries by far, all of them are at least 70% Muslim. If you go further down the list from UNICEF, Mali, Sudan, Eritrea, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Liberia, and Guinea-Bissau also have high levels of FGM. Only Eritrea (which has banned FGM), Ethiopia, and Liberia are not Muslim-majority countries.

Last edited:
I don't really thing that Bill Maher was "destroyed". Lots of deflection and not answering the question. Just bringing up a different example. Actually that interview actually seems to put Muslims in a worse light. Other than female genital mutilation being more of an African problem than a Muslim problem he did not do a good job at all on the other issues. Frankly he did a good job making Muslims look bad. It was a laundry list of countries which he alluded to as a problem with that country. Even Iran was criticized in his "interview" which is one of the two shining stars of Muslim countries you have cited in previous posts.

Anyone using Indonesia as an example of an enlightened nation really needs to give their head a shake:

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/dateline/story/sharia-showdown

Now we have a genuine problem that the world needs to look at. ISIS is now gaining traction in Yemen:

http://gantdaily.com/2015/03/20/yemen-bombs-kill-137-at-mosques-isis-purportedly-lays-claim/

That makes four countries by my count with an ISIS problem. If I were a true Islamophobe and hated Muslims I would be cheering this as ISIS seems to do a heck of a lot more damage and destruction to other Muslims than any other group of people. However, I am shocked, saddened, and dismayed by what I see ISIS doing to other Muslims.

What to do? I think we need an international force to eradicate these nutbars. However, I want to see this coalition headed up by Muslims and our involvement and other Western nations involvement needs to be at the bequest of Muslim nations.

Edit: It appears that he is wrong about FGM as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_female_genital_mutilation_by_country

Somalia, Guinea, Djibouti, Egypt, and Sierra Leone all have at least 90% female genital mutilation. All of them are Muslim-majority countries by far, all of them are at least 70% Muslim. If you go further down the list from UNICEF, Mali, Sudan, Eritrea, Gambia, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Mauritania, Liberia, and Guinea-Bissau also have high levels of FGM. Only Eritrea (which has banned FGM), Ethiopia, and Liberia are not Muslim-majority countries.
Most of them are also african nations... whats your point?
This was the point aslan was making.. some people take tribal practices in various AFRICAN and SOUTH/EAST ASIAN countries and try so hard to associate them with islam... this fgm practices are also being practiced in tribes of the region belonging to other faiths....

MEANING: ITS NOT A ISLAMIC PRACTICE. .. ITS A CULTURAL/TRIBAL PRACTICE..... reeks of desperation
So bloody desperate to demonize

Last edited:
Did you even check out the link? FGM is practiced in the middle east as well in many Islamic nations. It is quite wide spread actually. Do your homework.

Did you even check out the link? FGM is practiced in the middle east as well in many Islamic nations. It is quite wide spread actually. Do your homework.

i suggest you do yours...
wiki is not a bloody source.. in order to prove your argument that it's an islamic practice first you have to prove its a practice that part of islam and its beliefs.. not that it also happens to exist in areas were tribes/ethnics have practiced fgm as part of their culture in same area.... you have to prove origins not coincidence...in the same areas fgm is also being practiced by locals who converted to christianity instead of islam.. proving only one thing.. the local have their own culture.. proves nothing about their choice of religion

HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU EXACTLY TO DEMONIZE A FAITH OF 1.8 BILLION PEOPLE??

western christians drink alcohol and eat pork.. it DOES NOT MEAN that those practices are part of christianity... learn to differentiate between the actions of a person or group against the message/belief that is islam/christianity/etc.

only thing you have proven so far is that its common amongst people of african/east asian tribal ethnic decent thats it...

if you can show where in the quran/bible/torah/vedas/etc it supports or encourages FGM then you can associate said practice with that particular faith if not you are simply pulling things out of your rear end to justify your "BIAS".

Last edited:
Are you serious? Unless it is in your sacred text you cannot associate any actions or norms as being Islamic? That is a non starter. I am at work but will post FGM figures for Muslims in the middle east. Not saying all Muslims do it or even a majority of Muslims. Just the same it is a problem i Muslim nations which Muslims should address.

Zoodles95;[U said:
Unless it is in your sacred text you cannot associate any actions or norms as being Islamic?[/U]

let me explain in simpler terms..

ISLAM is a religion... spelled out in the QURAN and the SUNNAH(prophets way of life) THAT IS IT...

just like

JUDAISM is a religion... spelled out in the torah and the teachings of moses THAT IS IT...
what netenyahu says or does is not judaism...

understand the difference...o crap i said understand...
that is exactly what reza aslan in his interviews is trying to point out.. calling them muslim countries and smashing them all into one group does not mean they all have the same ethnicity or culture or law... they are individual and independent countries... just like the european union is not a country... ok EU is a bad example.. more like the west is not one country..sure most are very similar in value but still hold their own ways individually... i hope you can get your head out of the how to demonize islam sand one day.

you need to figure out the difference between christian and christianity... muslim and islam... jew and judaism

Last edited:
Okay then... If it has to be derived from the texts then you have to accept ISIS since they are enforcing sharia law. You can't have it both ways.

Seems to be the Sunni who are on the warpath lately. ISIS is a Sunni movement and Sunni make up the majority of the Muslims in Bangladesh.

So whacked:

The irony is that the people who killed Rahman weren't even familiar with his writings; they were simply following orders, police said.
Of the three involved in the Monday morning attack, two were quickly caught by bystanders.
In confessions to police, the pair -- both students at Islamic schools -- said they didn't know what a blog was, nor had they seen Rahman's writing.
They said they were acting on orders from another person who told them killing Rahman was a religious duty, Police Commissioner Biplob Kumar Sarkar told reporters.

In confessions to police, the pair -- both students at Islamic schools -- said they didn't know what a blog was, nor had they seen Rahman's writing.
They said they were acting on orders from another person who told them killing Rahman was a religious duty, Police Commissioner Biplob Kumar Sarkar told reporters.

Behead them.

Back
Top Bottom