How to keep young people from turning to ISIS? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to keep young people from turning to ISIS?

i think you are mistaken....the qu'ran and islam is the only religion that calls for death if you leave the religion. Death for apostasy is believed to be acceptable by a large amount of muslims.
as well the centre of Islam ,Mecca, still has public beheadings stonings and flogging.
if the Vatican ,the centre of Christianity, was cutting off heads in St peters square the world would be going insane protesting.....Islam is violent like it or not....political correctness here is not helping

It is my opinion that it takes a certain combination of Arab culture and Islam to create the violent/hardcore people that we often hear about also Mecca is in an Arab country. Other cultures have evolved enough to not take the words of the Koran so literally.

Arab culture + Muslim religion = higher probability for crazy shenanigans.

giphy.gif

Muslims are GREAT let them know maybe slow the tide

Which version of Christianity has been in the news week in and week out beheading, burning, and generally reeking havoc around the globe??

That is a simplistic analysis. The geopolitical issues in the regions in question are far more relevant in feeding "havoc" than are the predominant religions or religious sects in those conflict areas.

I was about to post a photo story about child brides: http://imgur.com/a/A5KNl?gallery and was about to state something about across many countries and different cultures, what is the one commonality between these people -- and the answer is most likely that they follow Islam. However, in that photo story the people in Nepal and India may or may not be Muslim... they don't state that.

When you look around the world though, many different countries on nearly every continent, and you hear about death for apostasy, female genital mutilation, honour killings, child brides, forced marriages, beheadings, stonings, and what is the one commonality between the people behind all of this? Islam.

Sure, the other religions have their own skeletons in the closet, and some of them do some of the things listed above, but none to the extent that followers of Islam do.

Then we hear the argument... it is not all the followers of Islam, just the extreme ones. However, when you look at the polls for the percentage of Muslims who think apostates should be put to death, you see is not a small bunch of loonies -- in some places it is the majority:

death-penalty.jpg

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-support-the-death-penalty-for-leaving-islam/

It is my opinion that it takes a certain combination of Arab culture and Islam to create the violent/hardcore people that we often hear about also Mecca is in an Arab country. Other cultures have evolved enough to not take the words of the Koran so literally.

Arab culture + Muslim religion = higher probability for crazy shenanigans.

why does it matter where Mecca is?? It is the centre of Islam as the Vatican is for Christianity.

It combines Arab culture with Muslim religion. Resulting in much shenanigans.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Aum Shikriyo or Heaven's gate. People will do stupid things for their religious beliefs. All religions are scams.

To suggest that Islamic belief inherently leads to support of violence is simplistic at best. If such were the case, the 1.4 billion Muslims in the world would have long since laid waste to non-Muslims all around the world.

I would suppose in your scenario the other 3.6 billion christians and catholics would just roll over and set out the welcome mat.

I would suppose in your scenario the other 3.6 billion christians and catholics would just roll over and set out the welcome mat.

2.2 billion, not 3.6, and either way, there is still not any signs of any Armageddon in play that would be visible were the 1.4 billion Muslims inherently violent as a whole.

EDit - it seems that my figures are dated. Wiki shows the Muslim population as numbering 1.8 billion people worldwide. Still no signs of apocalyptic Armageddon at the hands of rampaging Muslim hordes.

Last edited:
2.2 billion, not 3.6, and either way, there is still not any signs of any Armageddon in play that would be visible were the 1.4 billion Muslims inherently violent as a whole.

EDit - it seems that my figures are dated. Wiki shows the Muslim population as numbering 1.8 billion people worldwide. Still no signs of apocalyptic Armageddon at the hands of rampaging Muslim hordes.
RankReligionNb of adherents
1Christianity2.0 billion
Catholic1.5 billion

http://www.conservapedia.com/World_Religions_by_Number_of_Followers

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom