Aftermarket rear set return spring | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aftermarket rear set return spring

sparkybp

Do you guys who have dedicated track bikes use a return spring kit for rear brake, for your aftermarket rearsets? Is the brake drag concern expressed by some an actual issue? Any other concerns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't the spring just to activate the brake light? Anyway neither of my race bikes have one

Did you ride without one for a while when you had woodcraft rsets and decide you need one after because it felt like the brake was dragging or the pedal sat too low or what?

For some odd reason (not sure why) if I pressed to use the rear brake it wouldn't pull itself back up. I was ready to put the spring on the light tech, but it returned like it should..

www.cementheadracing.ca

Maybe the brake lever bolt that attached to the master cylinder was a tad too tight on the woodcrafts!?

Maybe the brake lever bolt that attached to the master cylinder was a tad too tight on the woodcrafts!?

It's a pin with a cotter pin in the end.
Woodcraft makes a nice Rearsets the non adjustment part is their downfall.

Sent from my imaginary friend

I see I see, yeah just purchased a set for the zx6r. We'll see if the same thing is going to happen to these.

Yup looks good. It's not a valve spring though Jim, I think that would be way too heavy.
It looks more like a spring from a rear master, it doesn't take much to return the pedal to position. Either way, a suitable spring with the right tension and correct fit is what's important.

no, but i use a valve spring. R1 intake. fits right in to the master perfect. washer on the bottom. presto! fixes the " my foot drags the rear brake on straight" problem too

Back
Top Bottom