Today's marijuana - what's the deal? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Today's marijuana - what's the deal?

klr_guy

Site Supporter
Full disclosure - I smoked a ton of weed/hash a long time ago but haven't touched it in 20 years.

When did weed change? I stumbled upon an episode of 'drugs inc' with marijuana as the subject - sour/diesel strain apparently feeling like smoking three joints at once. Some new 'shatter' creation that takes 8 pounds of weed to make 1 pound and it hits you like a ton of bricks...

I smoked weed to just bake watching the stars / campfire / copping a feel or playing NHL on the SNES - fill me in - when / why did weed get so 'hardcore'?

Ask roasted he might get you more info

Like everything else, they've been mixing the plants to make a hybrid with stronger active ingredients.
Apparently, they were successful.

Ask roasted he might get you more info
"Back in the day" weed had maybe 3-4% THC and a bit of Cannibanoids. Now adays it's common to get stuff with like 13% and it's even possible to get stuff with content as high as 20%. And barely any cannabinoids. Cannabinoids is the stuff that mellows you out. THC is the more "active" ingredients. I dunno if it's been genetically modified but there has been a race to just make more and more potent strains using science and some farming techniques, and yes, the stuff today is like 4-5 times more potent than the old stuff. Then you get some hash and it can be like 60% THC, that's like 30 times more potent than the weed you smoked 20 years ago and it's the stuff that sent me to the looney bin. Hell, I've seen some hash oil that's like 95% THC and pretty much looks like a greenish butter and yes, people smoke that crap except it's so dense that it doesn't even burn, just bubbles when you put a flame to it and people inhale the fumes. One hit of that is probably the equivalent of smoking like 50 joints back in the 80's.

Last edited:
Yep weed is retarded these days. Though I wish it were fully legal so we can have a good selection. I'd love to try some strain that's balanced towards cannabinoids instead of thc or whatever. I used to like a good smoke but the high has changed so I largely dont bother any more.

"Back in the day" weed had maybe 3-4% THC and a bit of Cannibanoids. Now adays it's common to get stuff with like 13% and it's even possible to get stuff with content as high as 20%. And barely any cannabinoids. Cannabinoids is the stuff that mellows you out. THC is the more "active" ingredients. I dunno if it's been genetically modified but there has been a race to just make more and more potent strains using science and some farming techniques, and yes, the stuff today is like 4-5 times more potent than the old stuff. Then you get some hash and it can be like 60% THC, that's like 30 times more potent than the weed you smoked 20 years ago and it's the stuff that sent me to the looney bin. Hell, I've seen some hash oil that's like 95% THC and pretty much looks like a greenish butter and yes, people smoke that crap except it's so dense that it doesn't even burn, just bubbles when you put a flame to it and people inhale the fumes. One hit of that is probably the equivalent of smoking like 50 joints back in the 80's.
I thought you only hit the looney bin because you smoked some synthetic crap

LOL, based on personal experience and comparing notes, I can't see how promoting regular weed usage is a good thing. Muslims on the left, dopers on the right. Giddyup.

Haven't done it since 1979. Back then we had mostly Mexican and Columbian weed and Black Afghan hash. Then this guy I knew brought back some sensamillion from Hawaii. It was black in color and only a couple of tokes sent us to the moon. We couldn't believe it. If it's all like that now (and it probably is) I can see there would be a problem. Glad I gave it all up.

Personally i dont see anything 'hardcore' about it. From what i know we get most of it from BC. The most prevalent hash is afghan gold seal. There are strands that are effed and thats because theyre laced. Cant comment on how it was before but it deffs cant be that hardcore hahh

Cant comment on how it was before but it deffs cant be that hardcore hahh

yeah thats kinda the point of the thread.... comparing it to how it used to be

and yeah its waaaay more potent now

Thanks to the Internet, folks have now turned homegrown from garbage to the new micro greenhouses producing some customized/specialized and high THC stuff.

Last edited:
Interesting that the most dangerous thing about weed, is getting caught with it.

The best was that commercial that was airing not too long ago that said "marijuana is stronger than it was before"

As if this matters or anything because the LD of THC is extremely high and if weed is stronger that means you have to smoke less to get high which means less smoke in the lungs.

Damn that commercial backfired big time

Not likely....

The human brain is the most complex device in the known universe, yet it is an imperfect one. Our memory is unreliable and of limited capacity, our actions are influenced by a host of arbitrary and irrelevant factors. Neurons and synapses and computational elements that are remarkably well suited for certain tasks are poorly suited for others. The brain's limitations and flaws have a wide range of consequences, from simple illusions to annoying memory glitches to irrational decisions whose effects can be either innocuous or fatal. This needs daily impairment. Long term effects are of no concern today.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom