Canadian Tire Sales on Tools | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Tire Sales on Tools

On another topic, I like the look of some of the tool boxes, mainly that Maximum stainless steel top box.

http://reviews.canadiantire.ca/9045...est-stainless-steel-36-in-reviews/reviews.htm

I know good quality boxes should be about 18 gauge steel, nice rollers in the shelves, etc. etc. but it's tough to find something reasonably economical. Ideally I'd like to get below $500 bux. I've been keeping an eye out on used items, but generally speaking there is crap on Kijjiji.

Any thoughts on where to get some good quality boxes without breaking the bank? I just need a top box.

Go to your local Napa store, they have a massive tool sale on currently will end March 1st I believe. Their tool boxes are labeled 'Ultra Pro' but are made by Gray. I've had one in a service truck for over a decade now, very well put together.

taking carbide inserts out of a cutter on the big milling machine. the tips shear off.
Why do they use torx on milling inserts?
When I used to work on those, other operators would torque the crap outta them. It's a pain to remove them. I prefer allen

Follow along if you want to see the next week's flyer early...

All you need to do is add "sneakpeek/y" to the end of any weekly flyer and it will show you next week's (starting on Wednesday). This is handy if you do not want to be on their email list (I get enough spam) OR if you want to look at the flyer before they send you the email link, next week's flyer is usually online early Wed morning, the email comes out much later on Wednesday.

Next week's flyer for the Queensway store (as an example):

http://flyer.canadiantire.ca/Canadiantire/WeeklyAd?storeid=2400201#!/store/2400201/sneakpeek/y

just add sneakpeek/y to your store's flyer URL...

At one time they had a line sneakpeek=N or sneakpeek=Y, they recently changed it to the above.

Last edited:
Cdn Tire has their Battery Tester on sale this week for $35.99 in case anybody was considering adding one to their tool kit.

e06aed465a03befae0dc52d74d887d1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not a bad price for a handy tool. I keep reading the battery threads where guy xxx says my multi meter says 12.8v, all good but that load tester will tell you if the battery will start an engine. Essential tool IMO.

Yep I’ve had one for years and it has come in handy with testing my own batteries, neighbour’s car batteries, family’s. Well worth the investment.

Cdn Tire has their Battery Tester on sale this week for $35.99 in case anybody was considering adding one to their tool kit.

e06aed465a03befae0dc52d74d887d1a.jpg

I have that one and have had it tell me the battery was fine (still low but in spec) when it was basically done. I give it a thumbs down...

I have that one and have had it tell me the battery was fine (still low but in spec) when it was basically done. I give it a thumbs down...

Never personally had that issue.

What was the reading after load testing it for the full 10 seconds?

Interesting. It's just a resistive heating element, so assuming it was getting hot the load side was working. Maybe the voltmeter took a dump? I've never tried it, but it should be no problem to use a good voltmeter across the battery while using the heater to load it.

it's a 100 Amp toaster
bike batteries are 200 CCA +
it's not capable of telling you if the battery is good or not

Back
Top Bottom