Canadian Tire Sales on Tools | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Tire Sales on Tools

estone

Site Supporter
I'm starting to build up basics in tools, and I find their stuff to be very reasonably priced for my hobbyist capabilities. Probably the only geek who subscribes to the weekly flyer preview - Wednesday's are my favorite day to find out what I'll be buying on Friday! :p

This week's flyer:

- Maximum electric impact wrench
- Cut off wheel accessories
- Car stands
- 201 piece maximum tool set

All that for under $300.

Ashamed to admit that I always look forward to the flyer preview on Wednesdays. I subscribe both at work and at home.

But I think I've run out of things to buy at CT.

Getting a POS 30yo bike will do that to ya.

All price point tools. Will you remember the money you saved when you have a garage full of garbage?

The Maximum stuff is nice enough. But yeah.

Decent deals on Dewalt from time to time. My last purchase was their 12v impact, it's really nice.

All price point tools. Will you remember the money you saved when you have a garage full of garbage?

M'eh. Lifetime warranty, hobbyist motorcycle tinkering. I don't need better.

Ashamed to admit that I always look forward to the flyer preview on Wednesdays. I subscribe both at work and at home.

But I think I've run out of things to buy at CT.

Getting a POS 30yo bike will do that to ya.

So I'm not the only one..

M'eh. Lifetime warranty, hobbyist motorcycle tinkering. I don't need better.

Ya, sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your good fortune. I don't always put my money where my mouth is either. I've got some garbage but mostly because the good options aren't carried in big box anymore. Shopping on price it is.

I subscribe to the preview and my work delivers the weekly flyer to my desk :)

you can chose a Sales Alert on items on the can tire website if you want something specific. something might go on sale 2x a year or regularly but you'll know when it does.

$57 for their big 1/2" Maximum torque wrench + 2' breaker bar was a pretty good deal.

I haven't used either 'cause you really only need 3/8" stuff to work on a bike.

But good deal.

I see the impact gun is on sale, was thinking of getting it, but did they not have one that was a bit more in power......or is this their top of the line, I recall them having one with over 420 foot pounds, where as this one is only 350 I believe, the extra is great for rusted nuts and bolts that have not moved in years.....be it on cars or bikes...

Seems the one on sale is different from what they had before, it used to look very similar to this one

33635499.jpg

seems it has a recall on it

http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2012/15958r-eng.php

but the one they had and I saw did not have the display, so maybe they had issues with all of them.....hmmmm

I guess the current one will suffice

Last edited:
Maximum stuff is ok for your average joe, just never buy that jobmate crap.

My work tools are all snap-on or MAC but the stuff at home or at the cottage is just maximum.

Jobmate is junk, but i've had a $15 Jobmate socket set in my truck for emergency use for years. Its been good as a back-up; saved my ass and others a few times. Wouldn't use it as my main set though....
M/C Maximum set for home & bike use. Problem with those kits is they give you oddballed sockets you'll never use. Yeah, its a 100 piece set that you'll be lucky if you need 15 sockets.

Axels on the bike are 22mm, 24mm- steering head is a 32 or 30mm. These ones are $15 a piece and don't come in a kit.
14mm standard socket didn't come in my Maximum set either... only a deep socket.
Lots of little bits and pieces to buy to get all you need.

Yeah these hardware store socket sets are stupid, they're always missing key sizes.

Blue-Point sockets are cheap and good. I buy them direct from Snap-On.

I am starting to get annoyed with my Mastercraft Maximum ratchets - the switches that change ratchet direction never seem to stay in place. So far, only complaint

I have lots of crap from CT. Switching to princess auto. Better service there. It's good enough for a casual wrench

I have lots of CTC stuff. Been using it for decades. Had stuff replaced, even drill bits. Good enough at the price for my DIY and hobby use. Thought my older stuff seems better made than the newer stuff. I try to never buy stuff from CTC unless it's on sale. Also have a few Jobmate items...crappy, but for the really low sale price it's worth it.

Has anyone actually used that electric impact gun? I have the best dewalt electric 1/2" impact gun and it is blown out of the water by almost any air gun. The electric one lives at my parents now and is rarely used. Personally I wouldn't spend any money on an electric impact, save the money for compressor/gun.

I've been using the electrical impact for winter tire changes

Back
Top Bottom