Hello from North York | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from North York

Fr33On2Wh33ls

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the forum. Have 5 years+ and 40,000km+ on a Ninja 500r under my belt.

Finally upgraded to a beautiful 2009 Fz6 with 11k on her. I love that the bike is 4cyl and has center stand :) I hope she will take me across the country this summer, then perhaps northwest a few more days to Alaska. Plan to be motorcycle camping a new destination every weekend and might even get in on BikeFest500. A friend wants to do a trip to Miami also.

All performance related modding must happen by dealer at the time of the completion of the sale (according to Td Meloche Monnex to keep my policy enforceable) so I am having the dealer install Akropovic Slip Ons and Soupeys Lowering Link. Pictures of the pipes coming this weekend! If they do a thorough install I also plan to let them install an HID kit, Engine Cage, Silver Rizoma Fluid Reservoirs and Silver Reflective Rim Tape. Future upgrades would be side and top case lockable luggage, 12V marine grade plugs for heated gear.

I will be providing a full review of my experiences working with the dealership afterwards.

I can't wait for the good weather I am going stir crazy.

Pictures in a few days.

Fr33On2Wh33ls

Last edited:
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

welcome! by why the heck would you lower the bike!

Thank you for the welcoming messages!

Right now, I hold the bike up on tip toes and I just want to have a strong stance and the security and peace of mind to be able to flat foot the bike. It makes turning it around, backing up, riding 2 up, stopping on a hill, stopping on gravel etc safer. Soupeys lowering link is a fixed lower of 1 and 1/4" which should be just enough to let me comfortably flat foot the bike. I am 5'7. :)

Last edited:
Not in bad shape at all for a second hand exhaust :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Akropovic Exhaust.jpg
    Akropovic Exhaust.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 42
  • Akro2.jpg
    Akro2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 46
Having the dealer put on a slip-on isn't neccessary... i was with Meloche Monnex a year ago, and they never requested something so rediculous.

Rim tape and slip-ons are not performance modifications...
A turbocharger would be a performance modification, or other serious engine modifications that would make you legally obligated to tell your insurance company.

I'd be calling them back and talking with someone that knows what they're talking about.

Congrats on the bike. Those pipes look mint.

Thanks!

Td Meloche Monnex said,

"We define a customized/modified vehicle as any motorcycle which has been altered from the manufacturer’s original equipment for the purposes of enhanced performance or any improvement or change to the motorcycle which has altered the motorcycle from its original characteristics of manufacture".

In addition they state that, "..if any modifications that have been done that are unacceptable and should there be a claim, your claim could be denied."

This begs the question, what is unacceptable modification? Based on the conversation I had with my agent I was told to make sure performance modifications and suspension modifications needed to be done by the dealer at the time of the completion of sale. Other modifications like rim tape or new windscreen etc need to be disclosed (especially if I want those items covered in the event of theft or damage).

I don't want to take any chances and I am trying to be as diligent as possible. In fact, I offered that I wanted to modify my bike to ensure I would still remain fully covered... they did not request it. I will try calling back in any case and find an agent who rides perhaps that may help. Thanks for the suggestion!

This spring can't come fast enough.

Exhaust is a (minor) performance mod. Most insurance companies don't care. State Farm said they were "in a gray area". But if you have your bike properly tuned for the exhaust, with something like a Power Commander, every insurance company I talked to said that wouldn't be allowed.

NEVER seen it taken to that degree. To each their own, IMO you are being overly cautious.

Sweet bike, I actually went in and looked at that. I think I'm gonna do the bikefest 500 this year as well. 500 miles in 12 hours? Sounds good to me. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet bike, I actually went in and looked at that. I think I'm gonna do the bikefest 500 this year as well. 500 miles in 12 hours? Sounds good to me. :D

I got a wicked good deal on it and am so happy I made the purchasing decision. VOS thus far has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. Very thorough and accommodating. They are installing Akrapovic exhaust, lowering link and Givi side and rear rack. More pictures to come!

oh and holler at me before the 500 because I think riding with someone might be safer and smarter to keep speeds and rest stops if any, in check.

;)

I got a wicked good deal on it and am so happy I made the purchasing decision. VOS thus far has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with. Very thorough and accommodating. They are installing Akrapovic exhaust, lowering link and Givi side and rear rack. More pictures to come!

oh and holler at me before the 500 because I think riding with someone might be safer and smarter to keep speeds and rest stops if any, in check.

;)

I work at Keele and hwy 7, drive past VOS every day. I'll definitely look you up when the season gets going.
I'll do it alone if I have to, cause all my buddies think it's too long in the seat for them. Either way I've got a new to me bike this year too, and I can't wait to put some miles on it.

I work at Keele and hwy 7, drive past VOS every day. I'll definitely look you up when the season gets going.
I'll do it alone if I have to, cause all my buddies think it's too long in the seat for them. Either way I've got a new to me bike this year too, and I can't wait to put some miles on it.

Sounds great! I'm planning to ride to BC this summer so the 500 is a great way to test the bike setup and give me a chance to tweak anything before the big ride..

Back
Top Bottom