Racing and track day must have | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racing and track day must have

professor

Did a search and didn't see anything on this topic. I've done a fair ammt of track days and this year will be my first race season with SOAR. From track days to race weekends I have found myself purchasing more items for different reasons.
I was curious what do you guys feel are the must haves for the track? (specifically race weekens related ) parts, tools, items that you shouldn't go without.
Then of course I have seen some nice rigs and setups at the track too. So what are some of the wants and or novelties to have at the track?

be nice to see if their are some things you guys suggest that I or someone else may have overlooked, or in alot of cases may have not been aware of.

Last edited:
Are you coming to SOAR by yourself, or do you have a buddy?

Lots of friendly folks, so if you forgot something you can always borrow.

First race season, bring an assortment of spare parts for your bike.

Tools. Everything that may be needed for normal servicing. Everything needed for removing/installing wheels, removing/installing fairings, removing/installing footpegs, footpeg brackets, handlebars. If you don't have it, someone else probably will, but it's better to be as self contained as possible.

Common crash repair parts. Clutch lever, brake lever, footpegs, handlebars. If your bike is a common one or if you use handlebars that everyone else uses (Woodcraft, Vortex) then some of this could be borrowed if needed, but again, it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Gas can (full). Funnel. A litre of engine oil. WD40. Generic spray cleaner. Rags, both clean (for bodywork) and otherwise (for cleaning your chain). Safety wire. Tools for the safety wire. An assortment of metric fasteners and washers.

Canopy. Pegs for pegging it down. Tie down straps and something to weigh it down (a lot of people fill containers with water to do this). Lawn chairs. Carpet for laying down on the ground if you have to work on your bike. Gloves for working on your bike (if you like using them - I don't). Hand cleaner.

Whatever you are going to need for overnight, be it tent, sleeping bag, pillow, blankets, etc.

Cooler with ice and lots to drink. Food. Portable grill (I've found that the old school naphtha camp fuel ones work best - the propane ones eat propane cylinders like there is no tomorrow). Utensils.

Hat. Sunscreen.

Brian, how does your typical track day play out timewise?

Lots of the best new tires you can afford and properly setup suspension.(and everything Brian P said)

Are you coming to SOAR by yourself, or do you have a buddy?

Lots of friendly folks, so if you forgot something you can always borrow.

First race season, bring an assortment of spare parts for your bike.
I will be alone for the most part. Seems like alot of good guys running in the soar series. So I am glad to know their is alot of help out their

I will be alone for the most part. Seems like alot of good guys running in the soar series. So I am glad to know their is alot of help out their

You are more than welcome to hang out and pit with ZX600(Paulo) and myself. Bring potato chips, and we will look after you.

Tools. Everything that may be needed for normal servicing. Everything needed for removing/installing wheels, removing/installing fairings, removing/installing footpegs, footpeg brackets, handlebars. If you don't have it, someone else probably will, but it's better to be as self contained as possible.

Common crash repair parts. Clutch lever, brake lever, footpegs, handlebars. If your bike is a common one or if you use handlebars that everyone else uses (Woodcraft, Vortex) then some of this could be borrowed if needed, but again, it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Gas can (full). Funnel. A litre of engine oil. WD40. Generic spray cleaner. Rags, both clean (for bodywork) and otherwise (for cleaning your chain). Safety wire. Tools for the safety wire. An assortment of metric fasteners and washers.

Canopy. Pegs for pegging it down. Tie down straps and something to weigh it down (a lot of people fill containers with water to do this). Lawn chairs. Carpet for laying down on the ground if you have to work on your bike. Gloves for working on your bike (if you like using them - I don't). Hand cleaner.

Whatever you are going to need for overnight, be it tent, sleeping bag, pillow, blankets, etc.

Cooler with ice and lots to drink. Food. Portable grill (I've found that the old school naphtha camp fuel ones work best - the propane ones eat propane cylinders like there is no tomorrow). Utensils.

Hat. Sunscreen.
Lots of great info. Looks like I'm on the rite track with everything. Only thing I really need is a wider collection of spare parts. As the months go on I will be sure to stay on the net and look for part outs or guys unloading.

Thanks Brian

You are more than welcome to hang out and pit with ZX600(Paulo) and myself. Bring potato chips, and we will look after you.

potato chips or tortillas? :D

I would have said tire warmers too. Perhaps a front stand in case you need to do work on the front end?

Bike key
Tires
Tie downs
Gas and gas cans
Funnle
Bike repair manual
Chain lube
Oil
Spare parts (clipons, rearsets, bodywork....)
Tire warmers
Spark plugs
All purpose grease
Coolant

GEAR:
Helmet
Extra visors
Back protection
Gloves
Boots
Mouth guard
Extention cords
EZ up
Windex for visor cleaning

TOOLS:
Tool box
Latex gloves
Towels
Oil pan
Zip ties
Bike stands
Flashlight
Markers
Safety wire and safety wire tool
Adjustable wrenches
Hammer
Spark plug wrench
Sockets and socket wrench
Oil filter wrench
Tire pressure guage
Phillips/standard screw drivers
Feeler guages
Loc-tite
Duct tape
wire cutters
Pliers
Dremmel tool
Hack saw
Torque wrench
Velcro

MISC:
H20 and Gatoraid
Food
Cooler
Folding chair
Cash/credit cards
Racing license
Fan
Tent
Sleeping bag
Pillow
Inflatable mattress

IMPORTANT: MAKE THIS LIST AND GIVE IT TO ANOTHER PERSON WHO KNOWS YOU
ON PAPER LIST THE FOLLOWING:
Any past/current medical problems. IE: Diabetic, surgery, fractures....
Any medications that you currently take.
Any allergies you have.
Hospital preference.
Social Security number.
Full name.
Date of birth.
Your address.
Your private medical doctors name and where they are located.
Several phone numbers for emergency contact along with their addresses.

Every time you go you'll think of something else you want. Then you'll have a 7x22' trailer so you can bring everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extra helmet and extra gloves.
Hate to see anyone have a small crash, and not be able to make it to the grid for your next one.

Zip Ties!! lots and lots of zip ties.
Mandatory zip ties and duck tape should be in the rulebook for lost era class:cool:

Back
Top Bottom