OIL, where to buy and what kind? | GTAMotorcycle.com

OIL, where to buy and what kind?

fine2ne

Going to be doing maintenance myself this year. Where is the best place to buy oil for the bike? Can you catch sales at walmart or canadian tire? Or should i just pony up and buy it from a bike shop?

i tried search but it brings up nothing when i look for Oil, am i missing something on not doing it right?

yeah the search tool is kinda retarded, doesnt work for 3 characters and under.

Rotella T6. Walmart or Canadian Tire. Some truck stops will give you a better price if you buy a whole case. Goes on sale all the time.

On some other motorcycle forums, oil threads often become contentious.

On some other motorcycle forums, oil threads often become contentious.

They become contentious here too. Many will simply treat it as a no-fly zone.

@ OP: Yes, the motorcycle oil at CT & Walmart does go on sale.

Another tip for searching this forum: Use Google.

Put "site:gtamotorcycle.com your search terms" in the search box (without quotes) and it will search the forum. You can do this with pretty much any website.

Another tip for searching this forum: Use Google.

Put "site:gtamotorcycle.com your search terms" in the search box (without quotes) and it will search the forum. You can do this with pretty much any website.

This works very well... Google picks up new posts on GTAM ridiculously fast. Usually minutes

A lot of people, myself included, use rotella T6. The jug says its a diesel oil, but it works in a bikes tranny very well and is full syn. I have used amsoil, motol etc. But the T6 is available every where and is at least as good. . IMHO

It's also JASO rated.

Just do not use car oil in a motorcycle it will ruin your clutch. Any motorcycle oil brand will be fine or the Rotella. Just make sure to use the correct weight of oil for your bike.

Just do not use car oil in a motorcycle it will ruin your clutch. Any motorcycle oil brand will be fine or the Rotella. Just make sure to use the correct weight of oil for your bike.
Rotella is a car oil so you just contradicted yourself, heh.

Check out Glen @ FS motorcycle - he will have oil & Filter at different price points.

yay! an oil thread!!!

Bring on the brand loyalists!

Rotella is a car oil so you just contradicted yourself, heh.

Rotella is for diesel engines and as such it does not contain friction modifiers like car oils. Rotella T6, 5W40, is fully synthetic and JASO MA rated so safe for motorcycle wet clutches!

Rotella is for diesel engines and as such it does not contain friction modifiers like car oils. Rotella T6, 5W40, is fully synthetic and JASO MA rated so safe for motorcycle wet clutches!
I agree 100% but it's still a car/truck oil. There are other safe car oils. Just gotta know what you're looking for. Rotella only recently got JASO rating but people were using it in bikes for years before that.

I agree 100% but it's still a car/truck oil. There are other safe car oils. Just gotta know what you're looking for. Rotella only recently got JASO rating but people were using it in bikes for years before that.

They did actually make a slight change to get the JASO-MA rating - reduced the sulfated ash content

Back
Top Bottom