Yamaha FJ-09 - New Touring Bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha FJ-09 - New Touring Bike

How bad can the suspension really be?

I haven't done squat to my FZ1's stock suspension in the past 3 + years, it handles and rides like a pogo stick but i don't care i'm not dragging knees on the street.

Wonder what it would take to make the FZ-07 a part time tourer?
2015_MT-07_MNM3_CA_3.png

How bad can the suspension really be?

I haven't done squat to my FZ1's stock suspension in the past 3 + years, it handles and rides like a pogo stick but i don't care i'm not dragging knees on the street.

Bad enough if I cannot slow down the rebound and have to feel every stupid bump or riding a pogo stick. Sure if it's some older bike there are things I am glad to live with for other reasons, but I refuse to be fixing this stuff on a new bike I paid 10k and more ....

Can't be as bad as taking my TCat to the Gap.

Part time as most of the time is commuting.

Last edited:
Got you ... I am in the same boat more less. I gave up commuting recently, but i mostly pop around town and in between, plus the Gap once year. Fz07 is a lot of bike for not a lot of money, but I feel I would hate it on one day rides.

Mind you, i just read somewhere that there is TWO months waiting time on this bike in the most of Europe. They sold like 17000 units in the short year last year they released it .... So obviously the bike has something to offer ...

Here is a test ride on a FZ09 - he immediately got off the FZ09 and test rode an FZ07 - Funny reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFvOHlOz6I

Got you ... I am in the same boat more less. I gave up commuting recently, but i mostly pop around town and in between, plus the Gap once year. Fz07 is a lot of bike for not a lot of money, but I feel I would hate it on one day rides.

Mind you, i just read somewhere that there is TWO months waiting time on this bike in the most of Europe. They sold like 17000 units in the short year last year they released it .... So obviously the bike has something to offer ...

A bungee cord and a rider.

Lol, thank you! When I was 17 I went to Florida alone on a 83 gs400e. Had a backpack strapped on the rear seat and that's it. Pretty sure sure I had as many tools in it as clothes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tour a bit on a gixxer750, but love my wrists & would like a bigger fuel tank. My knees also get quite sore

Yes, we all love our wrists. You know this is family forum, right?

Quality families don't get made without a bit of practice.

Sat on the FJ-09 at the show today. It's a lot more ADV-like than I expected. Not for me.

Sat on the FJ-09 at the show today. It's a lot more ADV-like than I expected. Not for me.

I Agree 100%, a lot bigger and uglier than expected.

For what it's worth, I hopped on a Fazer8 last summer for a rather extensive test ride. As someone mentioned, it generates it's power well beyond the confines of a parking lot (read video is a joke)! Nice ergos, wind protection, under 10k + add panniers and you're set. Great low km examples on Autotrader. I didn't vote with my wallet as I gravitated back to another VFR - 'nough said :).

Too bad really that Yamaha seems to have side-stepped what I believe to be a really decent bike.

And centre stands would help too

All in all, looks pretty good, time will tell if it'll sell well.

The one at the show was on its center stand.

Bike looks odd in person IMO.

FZ-09's ergos are growing on me, I need to book a demo ride.

Back
Top Bottom