Yamaha FJ-09 - New Touring Bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha FJ-09 - New Touring Bike

To me, who cannot put more than 10k a year on a bike, 13K OTD tied up money is too much .... To you it might be inexpensive bike. Nothing wrong with that.

To me, who cannot put more than 10k a year on a bike, 13K OTD tied up money is too much .... To you it might be inexpensive bike. Nothing wrong with that.

Keep it for two years and you are under budget. :)

If I keep the bike for six years, it will cost roughly 2K per .... something I could live with (but I question whether I would keep that long ... my taste buds are still changing ... LOL). Anything higher, just doesn't currently make sense for me ... but things can change, you never know.

Touring bike:

K1600GTL_display.jpg

The FJ-09 on the other hand is just a naked bike with a few more mm suspension travel and styling to appeal to the wannabe-adventurer-tourer crowd, without actually having to buy and handle an adventure touring bike.

Touring bike:

K1600GTL_display.jpg

The FJ-09 on the other hand is just a naked bike with a few more mm suspension travel and styling to appeal to the wannabe-adventurer-tourer crowd, without actually having to buy and handle an adventure touring bike.

more changes from the FZ09 than susp. travel and styling
and with some slight mods and a few dollars, it makes a decent mid-distance touring bike
you could buy 3 of them for the price of that BMW, and the FJ09 would eat it alive in the twisties
but an interstate mile-muncher it is not

but heck, you may be right, 3 years and out of the Canadian line-up, no FJ-09 for '18
similar fate to the bike I had before it: FZ6
internationally 2 of the highest selling models for Yamaha
but in NA no one wants them
should be new-non current FJ-09's around for a year or two, cheap

more changes from the FZ09 than susp. travel and styling
and with some slight mods and a few dollars, it makes a decent mid-distance touring bike
you could buy 3 of them for the price of that BMW, and the FJ09 would eat it alive in the twisties
but an interstate mile-muncher it is not

but heck, you may be right, 3 years and out of the Canadian line-up, no FJ-09 for '18
similar fate to the bike I had before it: FZ6
internationally 2 of the highest selling models for Yamaha
but in NA no one wants them
should be new-non current FJ-09's around for a year or two, cheap

You realize that you just replied to a thread that's over 2 years old? :roll:

You realize that you just replied to a thread that's over 2 years old? :roll:

you realize it's the only thread specifically about the FJ-09 ?
bike has not changed one bit since it's release 3 years ago
did not warrant a new thread

edit: are you okay with that Miss Rolleyes?

Last edited:
Hmmm does this mean i should keep my ear out for an FJ09 upgrade in the near future since they might drop in price? :D

I loved riding it! Maybe they're removing it not to cannibalize the new Tenere 7 ?

Hmmm does this mean i should keep my ear out for an FJ09 upgrade in the near future since they might drop in price? :D

I loved riding it! Maybe they're removing it not to cannibalize the new Tenere 7 ?

I really like mine, still makes me grin everytime I get on it

but it was marketed kinda funny
called it a sport-tourer
but it looks kinda ADV

would love to see a true ADV variant of the bike
spoke wheels, skinnier tires, better suspension, better wind/rain protection
skid plate/engine bars, improved seat and cruise control
think of the Tiger 800 XC
but with this fantastic 847cc triple in it

and yeah call it the Tenere 900, sell it for around 13,500
buyers would be lined up to give away their $$

edit: and appears it's just gone from the N/A 2018 lineup