What concerts will you be attending? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What concerts will you be attending?

Will be going to classic albums live next Friday. They are doing Prince's "Purple Rain". Has anyone been to a cal show? Are they cover or tribute bands? I'm really looking forward to it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

For sure going to see Ministry this summer- have a feeling buddy isn't going to live to do many more tours...

Uncle Al has been sober since April. Wasn't happy about missing most of the playoffs in rehab (I chat with him on Farcebook occasionally, mostly about hockey, He's a die hard Hawks fan). They're supposed to play the Phoenix in July. Small enough venue that I'll go to that. Him and Jello have been hanging out together lately and are mulling over doing some new material. Now if LARD does any gigs, I'm definitely down for that.

Last edited:
TOOL /thread. Seen the Cult 7 times, been to all the major acts like Van Halen, Metallica, Rush, The Who, Pink Floyd, etc. Tool is a completely different experience, and well worthy of a big arena. metallica is pretty damn good live to (creeping death is by far the best live song to witness)

So no one has been to a Classic Albums Live show? I thought they were more popular...
Happy Crappy, I saw the Who back in the day when I believe it was their first farewell tour, 25 years ago. CNE Grandstand. Man, I feel old.
Want to see Crue, but I've heard Vince sounds terrible. Saw them back in the day for the Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls & Dr. Feelgood tours.
Also, sae Peter Gabriel last year, really enjoyed that show.

So no one has been to a Classic Albums Live show? I thought they were more popular...

Happy Crappy, I saw the Who back in the day when I believe it was their first farewell tour, 25 years ago. CNE Grandstand. Man, I feel old.

Want to see Crue, but I've heard Vince sounds terrible. Saw them back in the day for the Theatre of Pain, Girls, Girls, Girls & Dr. Feelgood tours.

Also, sae Peter Gabriel last year, really enjoyed that show.

Edit: Sorry, I know this is a will be attending thread.

Going to see Kid Rock at Darien Lake Aug.14 and going to see Goddo in a bar in The 'Shwa this coming Friday.Also, had the incredible experience of working on setting up for The Stones last time they played the Rogers Centre , must be around 8 years ago.Im a huge fan and it was a dream come true plus I got paid very well for doing it.To make a long story short I was working with the Rogers Centre electricians as well as the stage electricians.Got to set up up the dressing rooms,see the sound check as well as get paid double time to be on stand-by during the show.Much more interesting to see a show from behind the stage rather than the front.

Last edited:
Will be going to classic albums live next Friday. They are doing Prince's "Purple Rain". Has anyone been to a cal show? Are they cover or tribute bands? I'm really looking forward to it.
I saw Classic Albums Live do "Exile on Main Street" at Massey Hall a few years back.Took the band a few songs to get into the groove of the album but once they found it they did a really good job.An enjoyable evening,I highly recommend it.

I haven't gone to see Classic Albums live because I think they charge too much for a cover band.

In the past five years during the summer in Ontario, I have seen -- either for free or for a maximum of $10:
Dr. John, Johnnie Winter, Edgar Winter, Ray Manzerack, Booker T, The Downchild Blues Band, Colin James, David Wilcox, Jimmie Vaughan and a lot more that I can't even remember.

Ontario has great festivals all across the province where you can catch big names for free or very cheap. You just have to be willing to travel and find out about them.

I'm going to see Weird Al two days in a row in July and possibly Slipknot around the same time.

I enjoy CAL. Ive been to Led Zep, Queen, Floyd, Bob Marley and a few others i cannot remember but all were good and being local is the best part.
Expensive yes, but If you just want to enjoy the music it will be enjoyable as there is no glitz and glamour.
Just note for note cut for cut replication.

I am also going to Brit Floyd in Hamilton. Amazing show with all the lights and visual effects that CAL does not have.

Both are good in their own right.

Thanks for the feedback, guys.
It's in Richmond Hill, the tix were $50 apiece, so maybe a little pricey. But Purple Rain was the only Prince tour that I didn't attend, so hopefully this may help. Plus, it'll be the first time in a while that it's just me and my wife out ?

$50 is cheap, perhaps b'cuz it prince.lol. CAL Eagles greatest hits is coming up for $65 and I think thats what I paid for others.
For a Couples night out you should enjoy it ......but I cannot speak specifically about the Prince CAL.

Lol, I'm a huge Prince fan, I can take the jabs :p
I think Richmond Hill and Oakville were the only two doing the show. Oakville was more expensive.
The Eagles greatest hits show should be a good one.

The only one I'm fairly sure of is Hillside. Might consider Dawson City Music Fest but it's the same weekend and on the other side of the country. There are like 2 or 3 more festivals happening that weekend, for some reason.

Sepultura (30th anniversary) with Destruction
May 28th at Opera House.
First time i saw them was at the the Apocalypse Club in Toronto on (i think) the Beneath the Remains tour...
[video=youtube;c7Z8Ww1EmMk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z8Ww1EmMk[/video]

U2 in July. Have some extra tickets if anyone wants PM me. They aren't cheap - $608 / pair Ticketmaster price.

The CAL Prince show was awesome! I may go to see the one in June.

You may want to expand to other CAL shows but I did say it would be an enjoyable night out regardless. Glad you enjoyed it.

You may want to expand to other CAL shows but I did say it would be an enjoyable night out regardless. Glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, you were spot on. I didn't realize that they were going to come back and do a greatest hits set. As far as other CAL shows go, I'm going to wait until there is one that I really want to see. There weren't many albums that I listened to front to back like I did with Purple Rain. Plus, talked to the band, the show in June will have a different greatest hits set.
Although, I may enjoy the Zeppelin CAL, that's got some good reviews.
And as far as more concerts I will be attending....Prince has just announced a NA tour. So I will be there.

Back
Top Bottom