What concerts will you be attending? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What concerts will you be attending?

I actually don't really enjoy the concert experience very much, due to how crazy loud they can get. I'm sure riding has already taken some bites out of my hearing, would like to not make it worse.

That said, I will probably kick myself forever for missing out on the Toronto leg of Daft Punk's Alive tour

Tragically Hip, tomorrow.

Saw Saga recently. Yeah it was loud, but that wan't as bad as fact it wasn't mixed well. Most of the vocals were drowned out by the music. Should have been balanced better.

Saw VoiVod/Napalm last week...considering Faith No More upcoming- might go to NYC for that....For sure going to see Ministry this summer- have a feeling buddy isn't going to live to do many more tours...

I actually don't really enjoy the concert experience very much, due to how crazy loud they can get.
Totally agree with that.
http://www.etymotic.com/consumer/hearing-protection/erme.html
Wisest investment i ever made back in my youth. I have no doubt these saved my hearing over the years.
Don't like them for riding at all (i use the normal foam ones), but these are awesome for concerts, band practice, studio, etc.
The filters allow you to hear everything clearly (not muffled), but reduce the volume to a level that doesn't cause damage.
I hate when sound guys crank the volume up way too much.. when i used to mix live music i would wear them for 95% of the night---occasionally popping them out for sanity check...i'd also use a digital sound level meter to make sure i kept the volume below the threshold of pain...haha
These days- i occasionally take my plugs out for a second at a show and have ZERO desire to leave them out...
Really like to support the bands...Buying merch and cds directly from them...About the only way most musicians make any real $ these days...
Might go check out Talib Kweli at Rockpile West tonight.
[video=youtube;5JlWDgOe_Is]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JlWDgOe_Is[/video]

Last edited:
Danko Jones in Waterloo in April....

Buddy Guy at Massey Hall April 24.

rockfest4.jpg

Heading here in june. Went in 2013 and had a blast!

Saw Saga recently. Yeah it was loud, but that wan't as bad as fact it wasn't mixed well. Most of the vocals were drowned out by the music. Should have been balanced better.

Great band! I bought World's Apart on LP back in 1981. Yes, I am a fossil!

Going to see Bryan Adams tomorrow night with my wife. Can't believe I have never seen him before.

My wife and I saw Bryan Adams in Hamilton tonight.

He played pretty much everything from Reckless which makes sense since it was a 30th anniversary for Reckless themed show.

I thought it was pretty cool when Randy Bachman and Kim Mitchell came on stage during the encore. Nice touch of Canadiana... :)
Blurry pic but that is Kim Mitchell:

Randy Bachman rocking out "Taking Care Of Business"

Bryan had a cold or something but you would pretty much never guess. He came on-stage right around 8:20 P.M. and the concert did not end until about 11:20. So, essentially 3 hours of him singing, running around the stage etc. There was no real drum or guitar solo to really give him a break. When the band was off stage there was Bryan with an acoustic guitar and a harmonica doing acoustic versions of songs like "Best Was Yet To Come".

Can't believe the guy is 55 now. He seems 20 years younger. Looking at Keith Scott you would never guess he was 60. Amazing that Adams, Scott, and Curry have been doing this together so long now.

Anyways an amazing show and my wife and I had a great time.

Next up for a blast from the past will probably be the Journey concert coming up this summer!

Buddy Guy at Massey Hall April 24.

I met Buddy Guy and saw him play back in 1990 -- I was a stage hand at the Mariposa Folk Festival which was at Molson Park that year... hell of a nice guy and an amazing live act.

I'm actually not a fan of this trend of everybody pulling out their cell phones and taking 1,000,000 pics and videos of the concert. I go to concerts to enjoy the experience and having my phone in my hand the whole time trying to record videos takes away from that experience. Not saying taking a couple pics is bad but it seems like many people now almost go to concerts to get pics and videos that they can then post on FB/Instagram to show all their friends how much fun they had instead of actually, you know, having fun. If I want a video of a concert I go out and buy a professionally recorded blu-ray/DVD. Just my 2 cents.

I'm actually not a fan of this trend of everybody pulling out their cell phones and taking 1,000,000 pics and videos of the concert. I go to concerts to enjoy the experience and having my phone in my hand the whole time trying to record videos takes away from that experience. Not saying taking a couple pics is bad but it seems like many people now almost go to concerts to get pics and videos that they can then post on FB/Instagram to show all their friends how much fun they had instead of actually, you know, having fun. If I want a video of a concert I go out and buy a professionally recorded blu-ray/DVD. Just my 2 cents.
+100

Taking a video at a concert is stupid. It'll be a ****** video that you'll never watch.

Same with taking photos or video of fireworks. Wtf? Put your phone away and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taking a video at a concert is stupid. It'll be a ****** video that you'll never watch.

Same with taking photos or video of fireworks. Wtf? Put your phone away and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree about the concert but taking photos of fireworks, especially good ones, is quite difficult so there's a tiny bit more artistry there.

Agree about the concert but taking photos of fireworks, especially good ones, is quite difficult so there's a tiny bit more artistry there.

There is a difference between being into photography, and using a decent camera, setup with a tripod (which is what it takes to take good photos in low light settings), to take pictures of fireworks and taking out your cell phone to take pics while at nathan philip's square on new years eve while you're drunk. The former is not lame. Just like having a hookup with the concert promoter, and bringing your SLR and taking some front of the stage/backstage photos during the concert would not be lame.

Back
Top Bottom