Motorcycle Course | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Course

dragonfly888

Hi everyone:
I am new to motorcycling, but not new to life (!). I bought a bike last fall, but will not ride it until I have taken a Motorcycle Course.
Are there any recommendations... I am in Burlington.
Thanks very much!

I took learning curves and learned lots and enjoyed the whole weekend, lots of instructors to people.

Rider Training Institute also has a location in Oakville, right near QEW and Trafalgar.
http://www.ridertraining.ca/locations/oakville/
I did my M2 license with them and they were excellent.

edit: they will be at the motorcycle show this weekend and probably offering a show special for registrations.

There are plenty of courses. Just don't ask which is the best. People have only taken one course with one company, so no one can judge which is the best.

find out which ones have the perks that work for you...IE convenient times/locations, bike selections etc...they all have a minimum student to instructor ratio and all pretty much teach the same curriculum with some variances.

Just hope you are good at riding!
When I went to the course many moons ago a woman was there who was the worst rider ever. Failed miserably. Dropped the bike many times. Lowest score of the class on the final test.... her husband bought her a brand new Harley Davidson soft tail for her 50th birthday because she wanted to ride instead of just being a passenger. They no doubt regretted buying first.
Hope to god she never got her license.

There are plenty of courses. Just don't ask which is the best. People have only taken one course with one company, so no one can judge which is the best. find out which ones have the perks that work for you...IE convenient times/locations, bike selections etc...they all have a minimum student to instructor ratio and all pretty much teach the same curriculum with some variances.

The problem is sometimes in the curriculum variances.

The course I went on, seemed to fail a lot of people.
Some would think that's a bad thing, but I found it kind of refreshing.

My next door neighbor took a different course,
and claimed that one person had crashed so badly,
that they waived half the test for the rest of them.
That wouldn't be the course that I'd want to be on.

I'm old enough now that I want to actually learn something,
not just pass and get the piece of paper.

If a course is just going to pass everyone,
then it's wasting my time and money.

Like it or not, some people need additional training,
and others just aren't meant to ride a motorcycle.

It could be worse. It could be the dealership trying to sell you a bike,
and then teach you to ride it at the same time. :)

I took my M1 exit here:

http://www.canmocycle.ca/

It's Fri - Sun. Day 1 is an evening session watching videos (classroom in Mohawk College). Day 2 and 3 are all day training sessions on their bikes (Kushies' Parking Lot in Stoney Creek). End of day 3 is the test. Great instructors who are both the teachers and testers.

I've registered in June for the M2 exit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom