The Personal Insurance Experience? | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Personal Insurance Experience?

All I have read was great reviews on the price and terrible reviews when making a claim. Seems you get what you pay for with this company.

Hey thanks for the input Supernam, i got quoted around 130/month verse the 230/month from statefarm. I am still looking around for other places, but having a hard time finding an insurance company that will be sub 150/month. I was hoping someone on this forum might have had them for their motorcycle insurance. I guess I have to do more research to see if it is worth the trouble.

For car insurance, I've never had an issue with a claim, but I would never again use their "pre-approved" repair places.
You're best getting a couple of quotes on your own and asking exactly what the shop will do, then have their assessor go over the car/estimate.

I had a bike insured with them, and when I changed bikes, the new one was on their blacklist. It was a 2001 1000cc Concours.
Funny thing, when I asked later, the old one was on the list too, a 1984 Honda V65 Magna.

For house it's a different matter. The houses in our area were designed with poor drainage. We had an inspector come in and decide that some water spots, from an effluence as one contractor put it, was mold. We eventually dug out the basement floor, replaced the drain pips, and redid the walls inside and out to fix the drainage issue, before they reinstated our insurance. We're getting quotes from other companies now.

Personal Certa Desjardin State Farm
all same company
all have good prices
and rly bad claim experiences
you get what you pay for and sometimes even less
im waiting year and a half for them to fix my car
and my current adjuster just quit
so now waiting for them to assign a new one
so i can start the proses all over

all same company
all have good prices

Which flavour are you in?

I've never had that experience.

I ran into the back of an Acura with my Subaru, so hard that I twisted his rear axle,
and I was in a rental car the same day.

(Guy ahead of him from the U.S. floored it and then slammed on the brakes on the on ramp - I think he dropped his cell phone).

Car was in the approved shop, and fixed in a few weeks. Shysters put a dead battery in as a replacement. Once I replaced it, I was good to go.

Desjardin thats from last year
and Aviva this year
not at fault its been 86 days and no one has come to look at my car at the shop
got an email today from them telling me to go bail my own car out
with tow and storage the bill is at about $10000 now
why would they wait that long to tel me that ?
i rly hate insurance company's
and i have a lawyer working on this now

I haven't had to make a claim yet but their rates and service are good. Even convinced them to cover a car with an engine swap.

That said, as soon as you say the word "Ninja" expect to have to call back a few times to get an agent that won't tell you anything with Ninja in the name is blacklisted by them (only the super sports actually are).

all same company
all have good prices

State Farm is about 3x more expensive than The Personal for me.

For reference I'm paying $250/month for all 3 vehicles in my signature in the M6C postal code.

Last edited:
I have been calling around, and I am disappointed how long some agents took to get back to me. Outside of The Personal, Dalton Timmis happened to be the lowest insurance rate. Any clue on the level of service from Dalton Timmis? I am really hating this entire insurance hunt.

Back
Top Bottom