Shipping Crate | GTAMotorcycle.com

Shipping Crate

Swift88

Hey, I'm overseas now and i NEED my bike with me. i have the shipping company set up with all my documents basically ready to go. I just don't know where to get a crate for my bike (shipping company only provides the service, not the shipping material). I've called almost every bike dealership in the GTA and Halton-Niagara region and none of them have one. Does anyone know where I can get a crate to ship a 08 CBR 6?

Appreciate the help!

should have contacted me 10 yrs ago ... i got rid of a metal motorcycle shipping pallet :p

they make them, not cheap tho

Hey, I'm overseas now and i NEED my bike with me. i have the shipping company set up with all my documents basically ready to go. I just don't know where to get a crate for my bike (shipping company only provides the service, not the shipping material). I've called almost every bike dealership in the GTA and Halton-Niagara region and none of them have one. Does anyone know where I can get a crate to ship a 08 CBR 6?

Appreciate the help!

your first post and you are asking how to ship a generic bike out of the country
those shops can easily provide you crate they got their bikes in but they did not
likely cost you $1k to ship there and $1k to ship back
Bike is worth ~$10k
why not sell the bike, buy one there, resell when leaving
that seems to make better financial sense

risk for overseas shipping and damages??
just sayin'

not sure what happens to the crates the bikes are in when they go to dealerships and shops, but you may be able to buy a used one.
try a race shop like pro6, i saw them put up a pic last year of them unboxing 2 new bikes.

Where is the bike going? I have shipped 5 bikes to the Caribbean. The first 2 I wasted tons of time and money building enclosed shipping crates, out of 2x4 and plywood. Then the rest I just shipped them on a regular pallet. I put tie down strap in each of the 4 corners, then I use pallet wrap to wrap them up. Much easier and cheaper, and also alot easier to get rid of and get the bike out of once it reaches its destination.

If you want I am in Mississauga, and can build either for you....I am in the woodworking industry, I have tons of pallets....

Barrie Harley has tons. Every new bike comes in on a steel bike rack. They unbolt it and toss them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I sold my ZX7, I asked my local Suzuki dealer to save a crate for me. A week later they had a Hayabusa crate for me for free. I removed the ZX's mirrors, saran wrapped the bike, and strapped it into the crate, and sent it off.

Back
Top Bottom