What company now for insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What company now for insurance?

fine2ne

Seems alot of the sticky info is older/out of date. Was looking for some advice on where to get the best possible quotes.

I am currently with state farm and have been since i got my first cbr250 a few years ago. Rode that for a year and went to a gsxr 750. Anyways they have bumped me up some amount to 170 a month now. I'm trying to find a cheaper option i feel like $2040 a year to ride a bike worth $4k is nuts. If i can't lower the cost significantly might start looking at trading away from a SS.

Details are 34 male, 2005 gsxr 750, no tickets, no accidents, toronto, G since like 1998, Have had M2 3 seasons now, this will be my fourth...planning on getting M this spring as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for who to call/companies to check with would be appreciated.

Seems alot of the sticky info is older/out of date. Was looking for some advice on where to get the best possible quotes.

I am currently with state farm and have been since i got my first cbr250 a few years ago. Rode that for a year and went to a gsxr 750. Anyways they have bumped me up some amount to 170 a month now. I'm trying to find a cheaper option i feel like $2040 a year to ride a bike worth $4k is nuts. If i can't lower the cost significantly might start looking at trading away from a SS.

Details are 34 male, 2005 gsxr 750, no tickets, no accidents, toronto, G since like 1998, Have had M2 3 seasons now, this will be my fourth...planning on getting M this spring as soon as i can.

Any suggestions for who to call/companies to check with would be appreciated.

Dalton Timmins
John Duffy
All-State
RBC Insurance

Those are the ones I'd try first.

Supersport. You have TD, state farm and allstate to choose from. I'd try allstate.

Dalton Duffy etc will not insure ss bikes

excellent, thanks roomie, are those the only 3 options? i have my policy with state farm now, will check on the other two and report back.

As far as I know in Ontario those are the only options and allstate will only take those over 30 with a full m is what I've been told. I'm sure there's some here who can chime in that are insured with them.

Dalton Timmins
John Duffy
All-State
RBC Insurance

Those are the ones I'd try first.

**Note - RBC won't insure with 3 tickets within the past 3 years.

Supersport. You have TD, state farm and allstate to choose from. I'd try allstate.

Dalton Duffy etc will not insure ss bikes

That's not quite true. I switch my R6 to Dalton Timmins this year because their rate was about half what State Farm was asking. No car or house or anything like that, but I'm over 30 with a clean record and full M. I'm not sure if a full M is required though, but it's worth a call.

Back
Top Bottom