should i go with a liter | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

should i go with a liter

Lmao! Profanity alert! Less shifting get a scooter! Lol

http://youtu.be/88OYY3M8-dY
i still dont get it...shifting around town? really.... again 1st gear does 130k... speedlimit in ontario is 50km unless otherwise marked.

fyi - i still plan on doing demo days but liter is a no go now this year because of insurance.
can i afford it? ya... do i want to pay it? no.

i still dont get it...shifting around town? really.... again 1st gear does 130k... speedlimit in ontario is 50km unless otherwise marked.

fyi - i still plan on doing demo days but liter is a no go now this year because of insurance.
can i afford it? ya... do i want to pay it? no.

No problem, do what you want.

It's all about the torque curve. Some people like a bit more power below (some high rpm number) which a bigger displacement delivers. It's not at all about top speed.

No problem, do what you want.

It's all about the torque curve. Some people like a bit more power below (some high rpm number) which a bigger displacement delivers. It's not at all about top speed.
oh ya, the torque sucks on the 600. but really if im only using 1st and 2nd around town there really isnt all that much shifting happening.
and really i try not to just ride stoplight to stoplight....

"Around town"

There's your problem. Get that bike out of town!

I'm still flip flopping between getting a liter bike or going the big displacement sport tourer route and getting something like a ZX14 or BMW K1200S. I rode my buddy's Gixxer 1000 I felt like I was hooked up to a rocketship. The best part about riding an SS bike is riding the twisties.........the worst part about riding an SS bike is the 2-3 hour ride to GET to the twisties.

I'm still flip flopping between getting a liter bike or going the big displacement sport tourer route and getting something like a ZX14 or BMW K1200S.

My only issue with the hyper sport-tourers is the longer wheelbase. I was in California a few years ago and got to ride a 848 and K1300S on the same canyon roads around LA on back-to-back days. The K was definitely not as nimble in the tight twisties and tended to tramline on some of the rougher roads. Still, it was a lot more comfortable and had torque for days on the highway.

My only issue with the hyper sport-tourers is the longer wheelbase. I was in California a few years ago and got to ride a 848 and K1300S on the same canyon roads around LA on back-to-back days. The K was definitely not as nimble in the tight twisties and tended to tramline on some of the rougher roads. Still, it was a lot more comfortable and had torque for days on the highway.

I lived there. We have no comparable roads in southern Ontario. 1 or 2 turns do not a Mt Palomar make.

Back
Top Bottom