project bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

project bike

I had the same thought.
Also, spent $450 and problem not fixed?
buy new wiring harness, start over.
style is subjective so...
I assume it's carb issues that's the no start thing, looked like too much work is all.

The wording and content of this is a complete red flag. If the guy spend money at G.P. bikes and it still doesn't run. WTH did he pay G.P. bike for???
A new oil carb?

{got it back from Gp bikes spent $450 on new oil carb work ,cleaning and sync. It is what it is. It starts sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, if ur handy sure its and easy fix but im not sure. It does need Work , not saying its perfect}

The wording and content of this is a complete red flag. If the guy spend money at G.P. bikes and it still doesn't run. WTH did he pay G.P. bike for???
A new oil carb?

{got it back from Gp bikes spent $450 on new oil carb work ,cleaning and sync. It is what it is. It starts sometimes and sometimes it doesnt, if ur handy sure its and easy fix but im not sure. It does need Work , not saying its perfect}

Ya, I hate to be a dick but some of the writing in ads is brutal. I don't know if that's by design, laziness or lack of skillz. If that's a true reflection of the hands that touched that bike, well, just wow. The likes of Brian P. and Lightcycle must just shake their heads at me and my ilk. lol

Would I take on a bike to fix? Totally. That one? No, doesn't seem worth it. I mean unless you're really strapped for cash and you think it's worth it.

If you're strapped for cash, it's usually cheaper to buy something that's working. Only exception, maybe, is if you know what's wrong and can fix it yourself.

Do the math.

What will the bike be worth when it's running and cleaned up (Not mint restored)? A couple of grand?

If the bike isn't that popular there won't be a lot of parts around for it and those may be pricey.

Likely needs tires. Insurance may be a problem.

If you can do the work yourself you might break even or make a few bucks if you don't count labour. That only makes sense if it's your dream bike and you don't care what someone else thinks.

If it isn't your dream bike the money and time you waste on it is money and time you won't have to put towards the one you really want.

Not to mention, it better come certified, because if you modify it after you buy it, you must also certify the bike.
That may not be easy.
If you can buy a certified working bike, then modify it after the fact, it does not have to go through another inspection to plate and insure it.
Most insurance companies dislike modifications as well.

I can't find any for-sale listings in Canada for that model, but a US site gives asking (asking, not sale) prices in the $800 - $1200 range, with a "bobber" (presumably running) for $1100 being among them. I am excluding the dreamers who are asking $2000. Those numbers wouldn't surprise me.

most defenetly not, that yamaha maxim is wack
get a early model gsxr 750, and restore it to the max, it will be a hell of a project bike, with a really nice outcome

Back
Top Bottom