project bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

project bike

Yes, but would you?

Only if it's something I really wanted and only at a price cheap enough that it could be recovered by parting out the bike if it proved to be uneconomical to repair. The judgment of whether it's repairable, or just parts, is something you'll have to assess on your own.

Is the ownership clear ... is it all there, just not working, or are there parts missing ... does the engine crank over and does everything electrical work when connected to a charged battery (make sure there is oil in the crankcase) ... etc.

Seller says it needs work.

Whether to buy or not would depend on the price, what make/model of bike, and its condition.

Edit: and your mechanical ability, and available room in the garage

If you have to ask........

That narrows it down from mid to late 80's and also eliminates complete decades. And then there's the whole battery thing which ties in nicely with the no start scenario. It's just a matter of connecting the dots, really. The seller was also very forthcoming about what it needs: Work. Didn't mention stickers, will need that sorted out.

Would you buy a bike I consider a project bike ?, I looked at a bike, dead battery, won't start,seller says needs work, early 80 s.

If it's one of these, yes.

Suzuki%20GSX%201100S%20Katana%2094.jpg

If it's one of these, no.

YAMAHAXZ550-793_1.jpeg

Is it something cool at least? Wes Cooley replica? CX650 Turbo? NSR400? Vmax? Hurricane? Or is it a clapped out CX500 shaftie?

Nope. Pass.

GP Bikes tried to fix it, still has starting issues.

Nope. Pass.

GP Bikes tried to fix it, still has starting issues.

Something like that needs to be taken to an independent shop. GP isn't a good match for that. Be like taking you airhead to Budds.

Not too mention that bike has been butchered. There isn't much left that's actually xj750. I see no resale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom