New riders: should we armour up? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New riders: should we armour up?

I never really squid, just not worth it. Case in point, recently had a minor incident off-road (was that wonderful mud trail AKA Death Valley with my slick tires) ... I was wearing motorcycle gloves, jacket, pants, helmet and boots. I was going maybe 30 KM/H and landed in DIRT. This is the result... Of course, just wiped the dirt off the bike... no issue. Just took this picture and I've been resting up over a week.

That's why I wear knee armor that stays on the joint. My riding pants are light but knee shin armor from motocross guys does the job.

I'm not ATGATT either ....rather ATGTA...all the gear that's appropriate.

Luckily an armored shirt an knee are super light and super cool ....motocross boys know what's up.

I also went down off pavement - never even felt my knee hit

72315172b359fdfa73fa3768f81764e5.jpg

ScreenShot2013-04-17atApr17201350625PM_zps896dbc85.jpg

My shoulder got damaged tho and I think the armor moved so now I wear armored shirt that doesn't move.

Impact_Rig_SE_Black_detail.jpg

and for boots the water proof Gaerne Trials boots are easy to walk in, slim enough to shift easily and fit nicely against the Thor knee guards.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

I still only wear 511 pants or Columbia convertibles. over them.
WIth the 511s over then ....can't even tell I'm well armored.

I add hip armor once in a while....compression shorts.
Actually pretty comfie...should wear them more.

29400184-mens-icon-stryker-armored-shorts-with-hip-protection-pads-2.png

Last edited:
That's why I wear knee armor that stays on the joint. My riding pants are light but knee shin armor from motocross guys does the job.

I'm not ATGATT either ....rather ATGTA...all the gear that's appropriate.

Luckily an armored shirt an knee are super light and super cool ....motocross boys know what's up.

I also went down off pavement - never even felt my knee hit

72315172b359fdfa73fa3768f81764e5.jpg

ScreenShot2013-04-17atApr17201350625PM_zps896dbc85.jpg

My shoulder got damaged tho and I think the armor moved so now I wear armored shirt that doesn't move.

Impact_Rig_SE_Black_detail.jpg

and for boots the water proof Gaerne Trials boots are easy to walk in, slim enough to shift easily and fit nicely against the Thor knee guards.

balance_oiled_brown-500x500.jpg

I still only wear 511 pants or Columbia convertibles. over them.
WIth the 511s over then ....can't even tell I'm well armored.

I add hip armor once in a while....compression shorts.
Actually pretty comfie...should wear them more.

29400184-mens-icon-stryker-armored-shorts-with-hip-protection-pads-2.png

The boots do look good... I heard the Thor boots are also decent.

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/thor-ratchet-boots.html

Lol, you are comparing pedestrians crossing the road with motorcyclists sharing the road with other vehicles. I am not relying on my equipment to save me in a big crash but to save me from a permanent disability due to a small fall, the spine is a fragile thing.

You are so very right.

The spinal cord is like a piece of spaghetti string, only protected by the spinal column. Takes very to little damage it, wheel chair for life. Or the other alternative.

I think I might ride on the side walk, far safer. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom