Hello from the city! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from the city!

bdouglasd

Hey there.

Just a quick intro and hello! Just picked up my first bike - a '79 Yamaha XS400 - and am looking forward to getting on the road when the weather breaks.

Quick question about helmets - I'm obviously in need of one and debating where is best to pick one up. I've checked out a few shops in the city but was wondering if the Toronto Motorcycle Show might be a good spot to pick up a deal? I've never been to the show so I don't know what to expect. I know that the Ski/Board show is a good spot to pick up gear for winter stuff.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Royal distributing or gp bikes is your best bet for a helmet. You might find something at the march show but deals won't be very likely at the Feb show.

To be honest with you OP, I've seen better deals at Sport Chek than at the Ski show.
Best deals are after the show anyhow when shops try to dump all the stuff they haven't sold.
I got some good stuff online from asogear which is Corbetts discount Ebay store. You can also pick up, they are located in Oakville.

As for motorcycle helmets I buy majority from the States, they are only about half price or less what they charge for them here. Good, cheaper brands are HJC and Scorpion. Joe Rocket is also made by HJC. Personally I really like Shark but a bit difficult to find for a decent price.

Royal Distributing used to be good but last two times I went (once during their Tent Sale) I have been disappointed. Majority of helmets were some no name brand, name ones mainly lower quality, thermoplastic ones. I looked at a tire that was 5 years old and it was regular price, which was 50 bucks more than Pete's.

Back
Top Bottom