Looking for Moto Safety Volunteers for the Ride to Conquer Cancer! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Moto Safety Volunteers for the Ride to Conquer Cancer!

ridetoconquercancer

The Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer- Enthusiastic Motorcyclist volunteers Needed

Be part of the epic 8th annual Moto Safety Team in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer happening on June 13th & 14th.

We invite all experienced riders to join the Moto Safety Team for the 2015 Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer. Help 5,000+ bicyclists travel safely across the 6 routes of over 525km between Toronto and Niagara Falls!
We need at least 120 Moto safety team members ASAP. Motorcycles play an integral role in the safety and organization of this cycling fundraiser. We’re excited to present you this memorable opportunity to support a
cause that touches so many while having a great time! We welcome all motorcycle makes and models, and all riders (with passengers) as long as you have group-riding experience in all weather conditions, and will honour your time commitment to the team.

Throughout the weekend you will have free meals, free accommodation in Hamilton and 2 Crew t-shirts which you will receive on event.
There is a small one time registration fee of $25.00 CAD to off set the costs. Gas re-reimbursement will be offered for kilometers ridden on the event.
Overall, you will have an amazing experience as part of this highly respected fundraiser that has helped raise millions of dollars for cancer research at the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.

To register or to learn more, please contact Alexa-Reigh: arthomson@conquercancer.ca or call direct at
call_skype_logo.png
1 (877) 699-2453 FREE.
You can also register online a thttp://to15.conquercancer.ca/site/PageServer?pagename=reg_now > CLICK ON INDIVIDUAL and follow the steps.

Thank you for your time!

Alexa-Reigh

Charitable Reg #PMHF889007597RR0001

Last edited:
Registered, Thank You Lexi!

Did I read this properly?
You are asking for help with this event by requesting moto volunteers but they have to pay you $25 to volunteer.

Throughout the weekend you will have free meals, free accommodation in Hamilton and 2 Crew t-shirts which you will receive on event.
There is a small one time registration fee of $25.00 CAD to off set the costs. Gas re-reimbursement will be offered for kilometers ridden on the event.

You are asking for help with this event by requesting moto volunteers but they have to pay you $25 to volunteer.

If you are interested I don't think you should be complaining about $25 with all the incentives you would be receiving.

What incentives? Pay you back for the gas you would use(on the event...doesn't say for the mileage back from the Falls), meals and a hotel for the time you spend?

Seems interesting that I'd have to pay to volunteer. Never mind the wear on tires, etc. (small potatoes, but just an example).

If you dont want to help out, dont help out. Pretty simple. I think that is how you'd need to look at this. Helping out a good cause.

I dont understand the $25 either but I rode the first Mtl to Que City RTCC and had a great experience - helped by those on motorbikes clearing the intersections ahead as we came through.

Id be happy to give back if I can.

I'm interested in doing this. Are there any dates ahead of time that we would need to attend? If I can make it work, I'd love to.

Volunteered last and it was fun. I won't be available Saturday but could likely help out Sunday.

Perhaps keep the t shirts and forget the fee?

I think RB means the numbers make no sense on giving away free stuff but then charging a fee to get help. Perhaps organizers could explain better, maybe it covers something like group liability insurance?

The $25 fee from what I am reading isn't just for the Tshirts. The Tshirts are likely donated to the event by corporate sponsors. They are providing meals and accommodations as well. Now it doesn't say what the accommodations are..lol But they also will need someone to input all volunteers info, not to mention by asking people to pony up $25, will also likely weed out some of those who say "sure I will help out" and then just not show up potentially leaving them short. When an organization I volunteer asks for volunteers for a project we find normally about 33% of those saying they will help never show up.

Even if their "costs" per volunteer only come out to say $14, then the other $9 will be going to the charity. Bottom line of you don't wantto pony up the $25 then that is all good simply don't sign on to help out.

Subscribed. Can't commit this far out in prime summer weekend, but will keep an eye on this thread as we get closer!

We do pay the riders back for their mileage and cover your accommodation, hot showers, two t-shirts and all your meals for the weekend. It helps us off set the costs so that 100% of the money raised goes towards the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre.

There might be a meet and great with your team prior but other than that it is an all crew team on Friday June 12th and than two full days on the 13th and 14th. If your interested in registering give me a call at 1-877-699-2453 or email at arthomson@conquercancer.com. My name is Alexa-Reigh! Thanks for your interest :)

It says you get two shirts + "and all riders (with passengers)". Is it required that riders have passengers for some reason? or is it IF you bring a passenger you get 2 shirts?

Sounds like it could be fun, for $25 I get two free tshirts? plus my gas/food/sleeping location are covered? Im interested, just gotta check the calendar.

This is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community. I was a cycle rider for 5 years. Unfortunately I had a bad cycle accident and had to pull out from riding so I volunteered instead. If you decide to help out you will find this a very rewarding weekend. You will have over 400 thousand cyclist say thank you for your help and you will see many Cancer surviors out on the course. The $25 goes to the ride and is nothing considering the amount of money riders raise.

I have a very personal interest as my wife has just finished her treatments for breast cancer. It is a great cause and we do need the help.

Actually pretty common. I volunteer at a music festival every year which had a volunteer fee and 12 hour minimum commitment.

Back
Top Bottom