When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

Haven't put the bike IN yet, wait ill put it IN..... taking it out tomorrow maybe.

The hope is always late March, but the reality is probably the second or third week in April. If I can get the bike out in the first half of April I am happy, and if it gets beyond April 15th I start getting rather annoyed. I fear this year is going to be similar to last though, which might mean the bike doesn't see the light of day until almost the very end of April...

Like others have said too...more than temps it is when the snow is gone and we've had a few good rains to wash all the salt and crap largely away from the roads. This is always the biggest point of contention with me, as Ontario has a knack for dropping about 10 lbs of salt on a single snowflake that falls in April for some reason...

Getting more scientific, the snow will be gone by 6:45pm. That is, when the sun sets at 6:45 (7:45 if you bear in mind that the clocks go ahead on March 8 ) all the snow will be gone. Today, February 15, the sun set at 5:47pm so basically in 70 sunset minutes there will be no snow. By Feb 28 the sun will set at 6:05pm. Roughly, March 20, the sun will set at 6:30 (7:30) the snow will be gone shortly thereafter. In about 15 days after that I used to go for my first ride of the year. Hopefully that will happen this year.

There was a time when my bike was my only vehicle and I hated taking the bus, so I counted the days and noted the snow in relation to the sunset and the average temperatures.

Yeah not buying that forecast... On 28 Feb it is -7 high and then magically by March 2 it is +2.. They have said below average for Feb, Mar, and Apr. Will likely be well into May before my bike sees the road the storage compound where it is secured, by Lindsay currently has 3 feet of snow in the yard.

Yeah not buying that forecast... On 28 Feb it is -7 high and then magically by March 2 it is +2.. They have said below average for Feb, Mar, and Apr. Will likely be well into May before my bike sees the road the storage compound where it is secured, by Lindsay currently has 3 feet of snow in the yard.

Never mind the hype. Just watch the sunset times and you'll see. It almost never changes.

Some rideable afternoons coming up this week. Roads are way too dirty for me, but the option is there

Sometime in April is when Ill be riding, just like every year...

picked my buddies bike up from his storage, unloaded it from my truck my buddy rode it down my street yesterday then into my garage and we took it apart.
does that count?

I've been out both today and yesterday. Main roads are decent but my development is pretty messy. This week should be decent.

Doesn't matter the temp, it must be accompany by a good rainfall to wash off the salt and grime, at least for me!

Depends first on when the dealer has my new to me bike ready, then it'll be one or two short romps to scratch the itch. I'll wait for the rains before I ride too much tho. The temp won't matter cause I got new heated jacket liner, glove liners, heat demon grips and storm hand guards. And no, I won't be attempting to run all three together, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom