When are you taking your bikes out? | Page 16 | GTAMotorcycle.com

When are you taking your bikes out?

the city is still laying down the liquid emulsion salt on the roads.......the bike is ready to go but won't put it on the road till the salting is done and theres a good rain to clean the roads.

Man, I just picked up my bike this morning. Rode 40 min back to home. First half was highway, and I was wearing Canada Goose and 2 pairs of pants, yet got frozen to death, then forced to switch to local.

Went back to grab Dainese leather suit and wore it under Canada Goose, as well as an extra pair of mechanic gloves, so I could get on another trip to purchase some 'extra warmth' gears for next week.

The windchill kills, my nails were actually purple when I got home.

Last edited:
I just finished a deal today on a CLEAN 2004 Gsxr600 and I'm dying to get out after 4yrs of not riding, but not until the salt and gravel is cleared and temp is more stable.

Taking it in on Wednesday for new hoops . Won`t be too bad only about 5 clicks or so .

I dont wear heated gear, I just put on my ski gloves, they work really well to keep the wind away even on highway. I had to take the 401 today, it was a bit chilly. On local roads it was perfectly fine, I haven't had a day I stopped riding since last week....LOL. My friends call me crazy haha.

PS: I have heated glove liners but i lose a lot of fluidity while using them.

Last edited:
I finally got out today. Booting around the city in long johns was tolerable for 15 minutes at a time. It was -8° where I was so it got a little cold on the hands. The one 80kmh zone I briefly travelled through got cold fast.

Sunday looks to be 5° and sunny so I hope to be out for much longer.

the city is still laying down the liquid emulsion salt on the roads.......the bike is ready to go but won't put it on the road till the salting is done and theres a good rain to clean the roads.

I'm waiting for the same. Scarborough looks fairly clear though...where have you seen the classic brine trails lately?

When are you taking your bikes out? TODAY!!!! Yeah buddy!!!!

I'm waiting for the same. Scarborough looks fairly clear though...where have you seen the classic brine trails lately?

404 south to DVP /east/west 401 has brine...the east bound 401 ramp coming from 404 has brine....fyi

Going out to the garage to get mine cleaned up and road ready. I should be on the road by April 15th. I have seen a few brave souls riding, all sport bike guys.

Going out today at around 2ish. Then I'm also taking the bike to work tonight. I finish at 1 so hopefully it doesnt rain on me

I rode yesterday, had to take my new bike out it's been torture waiting. It was too cold for me, and the tires. I still had fun but I need at least a sunny 5 degrees.

I regret not wearing gloves under my mc gloves. I'll definitely be more prepared tonight when I head out.

404 south to DVP /east/west 401 has brine...the east bound 401 ramp coming from 404 has brine....fyi

Call me crazy, but didn't they install some sort of automatic system for the area around the 401 and 404? I vaguely remember reading about it a few years back. Just thinking it might be limited to that area...spraying brine when there is no precipitation and the average temps are above 0 is just stupid...

Back
Top Bottom